Wot's this then?

When I started my shift last night,I put my digi card in,(A '63 plate Actros),did the manual entry to confirm my last shift was on Monday,and off I set for Stanstead.
Half an hour down the M6 and my tacho came up with,“Security breach”.
Pressed the “OK” button and no more problems for the rest of the shift.Did a print out at the end,print out shows nothing!
WTF is this all about then?

Power glitch to the tacho… Think of “the lights flickered”.

If the tacho itself detects any power interruption, it thinks you’ve put a magnet next to it, or have disconnected something, so reports a “security breach”.

Since the breach may well have actually been caused by “jogging a wire momentarily off connection”, pushing the OK resets it, and nothing further should occur until next time…

Think it had a hissy fit . I’m thinking it thought you were fiddling the head after all its a truck and its gotta female and temperamental…
Seen it only once before on a daf the guy did the same as you and it never showed again, even daf couldn’t find a record of it…
Make a note of it report and forget. Unless it happens again.

I think this normally happens if there is a communication fault between the sender unit (on the gearbox) and the tacho head - they both have to be paired. If you go into the vehicle faults history on the tacho, you can take a printout and that should tell you more.

I’ve just had the same warning flash up while driving, just done a print out and it’s also on there too ! I’ve not even got a magnet :slight_smile:

Did someone Jog into it ?

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/it … id-4520048