Wot Elf N Safety

Astounded as some of you young’uns might be, no one was killed here.

youtube.com/watch?v=xALnLzQ2FsI

Lol. No hi viz I hear some say■■?

Well to be honest hi viz wouldn’t be any good

Its in black and white :wink:

:laughing:

Hard men working as a team without a jobsworth know all prat watching their every move and no win no fee parasites hanging around ready to stop the job. Bet they had a sing song in the pub every night and took their families coal they’d found by the track-side home each weekend.
Our nation was built by such men. I wish we were the same now. ie. HAPPY and CONTENT WITH OUR LOT. Jim

+1

Agreed.

And arent the voiceovers on these old films just great :slight_smile:

In the 70s I worked for Greenhams plant hire driving a Cat 951 with a side tip bucket, We used to do weekend railway digs starting on a Friday night and finishing Sunday night with a crowd from Scunny called eager construction. They would take the lines and sleepers up and I would load all the old ballast into railway wagons and lay new ballast and then the sleepers and rail went back down. Great money but you did not get much sleep.

nick2008:
Lol. No hi viz I hear some say■■?

Well to be honest hi viz wouldn’t be any good

Its in black and white :wink:

No hi viz but plenty of flat caps lol :laughing:

As late as the early 70’s when I worked on the pway, we did all the ballast removal, sleeper replacement and re laying by hand. Using an auger and then the spanner to make the holes and put the bolts in the sleepers was really hard work. Luckily there were loads of us for re laying so it could have been worse. I was as fit as a butchers dog in those days.