Wot a genuine guy

just want to let you drivers out their no that their is still sum good emloyers out their
im a self employed driver for a international fridge firm from uttoxeter staffs,
ive worked for this guy for 3 years on and off driving to most destinations in europe,driving well maintaned vehicles and must say very tidy trucks.
I was taken ill 4 weeks ago,rushed in to the North Staffs hospital were i was told i had phenomia
my wife kept in touch with my boss and he kept ringing to see how i was doing
my truck had all my gear in it and he has driven it only for odd day runs
I am on the mend now and am hoping to go back to work soon
MY JOB IS STILL THERE
NOT MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE KEEP UR JOB OPEN FOR A SELF EMPLOYED DRIVER IN THESE RUFF TIMES OF HAULAGE.

SO THERE IS STILL SUM GOOD EMPLOYERS OUT THEIR

Good that you’re on the mend Nick. Your boss wouldn’t happen to be my old boss & mate Simon McCann would it?

NICK BASFORD:
just want to let you drivers out their no that their is still sum good emloyers out their
im a self employed driver for a international fridge firm from uttoxeter staffs,
ive worked for this guy for 3 years on and off driving to most destinations in europe,driving well maintaned vehicles and must say very tidy trucks.
I was taken ill 4 weeks ago,rushed in to the North Staffs hospital were i was told i had phenomia
my wife kept in touch with my boss and he kept ringing to see how i was doing
my truck had all my gear in it and he has driven it only for odd day runs
I am on the mend now and am hoping to go back to work soon
MY JOB IS STILL THERE
NOT MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE KEEP UR JOB OPEN FOR A SELF EMPLOYED DRIVER IN THESE RUFF TIMES OF HAULAGE.

SO THERE IS STILL SUM GOOD EMPLOYERS OUT THEIR

that is the sort of boss that i am looking for but to be fair it’s a two way street a boss who has a good employee will usually look after him better the devil you know and all that

Dont want to mention any names but like i sed 1 straight talking genuine haulier shame threre isnt a few more like him

NICK BASFORD:
Dont want to mention any names but like i sed 1 straight talking genuine haulier shame threre isnt a few more like him

like i said you must be a genuine driver its a two way street. but your right about that it is a shame there are not more about

NICK BASFORD:

like i said you must be a genuine driver its a two way street. but your right about that it is a shame there are not more about

So glad to hear that you are better and YES your Boss is one in a million
congratulations all round ,

One boss i had was annoyed that i ask for time off for muscle pain and spasms while tipping his onions on a slope at a fruit and veg store in London that was run by Cypriots,i was warned not to upset this customer,i sat quietly for hours waiting to be tipped,i pulled a heavy pallet at a bad angle,then did the damage,which got worse a few weeks later while week ended in France,i phoned the boss to say i cant move in bed,and need medical help asap i got back to the UK,i got WTF and shouted at down the phone.This boss would pay cash for not having a full 45 hour weekly rest and say put the mechanics name on the bent tacho to tip the markets and get me reloaded to go back out to Spain again.
We would go through the weeks plans in the UK,all clear in my head what we were doing,then while happily going down the forest road to Irun,would get an earbashing of what are you doing only being there,and what took me so long,the mood spoilt then.I would get the blame for his mistakes,one house moving job on the Costa de Sol was a disaster,as the house owners were due to fly down and meet me in the town,they were delayed,so i had a day on the beach while waiting,got the phone call of why i didnt tell him what was going on,all my fault,the clients arrived late at night,at midnight we finsished hand balling off the furniture,then i had to drive all night to Valencia to collect a machine or get week ended,which would have been better,i got the blame for damage,even though a previous client had moved around the load and broken the furniture.

Bob Garnett of ex Euro PSL and Garnett Eurotrans was the best operator in the 1990`s,his word was a bond,the most honest and decent bloke to pull his trailers to Portugal for.

ayup nick get ur feet up and chill mate regards h :smiley:

I’m more worried what Phenomia is, and whether it’s contagious? :confused:

Hey up H just got Neka giving me ear battering 4 going back 2 soon but u no wot its like.
thinking about taxing the V.W and becoming a traveller

Glad to hear you’re ok now Nick, but just a technical point:

If you’re self employed, he is not your boss or your employer. He is a customer.