Worth starting out at 42

You’re in Warrington?
Someone should give you a good “heads up” on the local conditions to you.

I think it varies a lot by area. Some report hundreds of applications for a job, yet others do get a reasonable start.
As a newbie you will be down the pecking order but not as far down as a younger driver with an insurance age weighting against them, and you will have work record for reference (I hope it’s a good un! :grinning:)

Have a look at local adverts.

I’m 44 and 6 months in. Forget your age it doesn’t matter.

Is the work still there? there are loads of places at the M62 Warrington junction its a hive of businesses. However i dont want to go and do class 2 and there be no jobs etc. I still need to pay my bills too. What are current experiences of pay etc?

I went straight into class 1 and was lucky enough to have it paid for by the company I now drive for. I’m not sure what class 2 work is out there but it’s definitely out there! I doubt very much you would get upwards of £30-£35k pa! But I could be wrong. I was more saying your never to old to start. You could try to get the government funding that’s on offer they do class 2 and straight to class 1 and class 1 I would say is better money, tho jobs at the pay grade your after are I think hard to get if you are just starting out. I’d rather be skint and happy in a job than in a job I hate and earning a little more but that’s just me. Whatever you do or don’t I wish you the best of luck. Sorry I couldnt help more.