Worth Getting HIAB as a Newbie Advice-Help

Hi everyone,

I passed my test on 30th September,got my licences back in early November. Even although I have lots of experience driving large vehicles [Buses]I’m struggling to get work. I am thinking about ringing my local training firm up tomorrow and booking a HIAB course as the agencies I have registered with it’s one of the first questions they ask me.

Will getting this make me more employable or will I still be classed as a complete novice ?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Yes Hiab Moffett & ADR help your employment. the first with builders merchants which always seem to advertise, and the last for sure if you’re near those types of materials. i.e. a refinery…

Whether I’d do it whilst not need the CPC credits, I’m not sure I’d invest the outlay…

P.S. Here’s a possible Hiab gig I did for a short limp: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136558
(And a link to F-reds Moffett gig)

I’ve decided I’m going to book it today. Even if it improves my chances 10% it will be worth it. I need training days for my bus CPC which expires next year so I’m hoping I can count the course towards it.

It’s a few weeks before Christmas and I’m registered with some agencies and still no work !