Worst/Longest diversion

Just wondering others experiences in the UK? What’s the longest you’ve been on or the worst for roads?
Not your own diversion for scenery, down to road closures…

Hear them on the radio now and again about Scotland, like 90 mile diversion because A82 is shut for example lol

I’m sure I heard Sally Traffic once saying one diversion in the Highlands was something like 150 miles.

Well, I dont know if this is the worst Division but I am generally a supermarket driver so all I can think of in my area.

I am usually based in Thurrock. So if I am pulling a double decker to say Gravesend and something happens to the right hand tunnel of the dartford crossing on a Saturday/Sunday then I am having to go all the way round the M25 to get back.
So what is usually a 20 minute/15 mile trip from Gravesend to Thurrock turns into a 2 hour 30 min / 125 mile trip.

I have never been in a situation in which this has happened though as I have gotten lucky though. Sometimes the planners ■■■■ up though and forget about the night time closure of the right hand tunnel and drivers have to go the long way round.

adam277:
Well, I dont know if this is the worst Division but I am generally a supermarket driver so all I can think of in my area.

I am usually based in Thurrock. So if I am pulling a double decker to say Gravesend and something happens to the right hand tunnel of the dartford crossing on a Saturday/Sunday then I am having to go all the way round the M25 to get back.
So what is usually a 20 minute/15 mile trip from Gravesend to Thurrock turns into a 2 hour 30 min / 125 mile trip.

I have never been in a situation in which this has happened though as I have gotten lucky though. Sometimes the planners [zb] up though and forget about the night time closure of the right hand tunnel and drivers have to go the long way round.

Yeah pulling deckers back from Snodland is a bit like that. I’ve not been caught… yet… but was close once when just before the road split for right/left tunnels, where it becomes a separation rather than road markings, there was an accident blocking both lanes of the right side which hadn’t long happened, but fortunately the tunnel womble held me for a few minutes while his colleague dragged one car out of the lane and swept up. Eternally grateful for that :laughing:

Old military road they keep mentiong on radio 2 is a 92 mile diversion.
I imagine Any road closure in the highlands will be a long diversion especially in a truck.
As some.one said heard of 150 mile diversion.
If it’s shut due to an accident not weather related maybe best just sit it.out and wait for road to reopen

Dig can tell you all about diversion. :frowning:

That diversion during the summer in Kent was a bit high milage…

Aylesford to Whistable to Ashford, Dover, Deal, Broadstairs, and Nicholas at wade to come in from the east because the M2 was closed, A260 had an accident and was blocked, and work on the new slip road at Canterbury A2 meant a diversion that must have been an extra 50 miles! (Brenley Corner Roundabout - unreachable from any direction, basically…)