worst job interview

Any funny or horrific job interview storys

Once went for a job repairing “Simons”,the trucks that repair street lights with cherry pickers fitted near Blackpool.

Your man says yes you got the job I will take you to our “workshop”

Gets there and all we have is a knackerd compressor and a jack but it will be “put right” so Im told.

Next thing this Iveco 1715 arrives,driver jumps out and says the brakes are goosed.
Your man says to me Any ideas?
Looks and sees bubbles in the master cylinders when he presses the pedal so I tell him the servo or masters are goosed.“How much are they and where can we get one”

About 150 quid for cylinders 300 for a servo and at Iveco on Walton Summit.

Then "have you got a credit card? you go buy em and it will be in your first weeks wage.
Cheeky SOB rung me up 3 hours later wondering where I was.
My reply FY baby.

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Lol

The Turf supply company that was based in Stoney Stratford years ago. I can’t remember the name but I went to see them for a job years back and into the interview the guy said he wanted me to come in on that following friday and work a day to see how I got on without pay :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
“How many applicants have you had ?” I asked.
“13 so far” he said.
“So 13 job applicants each doing a day for no pay means you don’t actually have to employ anyone really, you just keep advertising don’t you, sorry but no way am I doing a minute of unpaid work for you or anyone”
“Then I am afraid we can’t offer you the position”
“Good, coz I don’t want the f***ing position” :laughing:

Dragonfly comunications in Wellingborough.

Went there one Saturday morning hoping for a job delivering telecomunication equipment for an up and comming company. The guy kept asking “When work is slack do you mind if we farm you out now and then ?”
“If it is a very rare event and there is no other option I might not object but I refuse to do any agency work”
“Oh it’s nothing like that, we are a telecomunication company”
“Good, I have no intention of working for an agency”
“And I don’t blame you, we will be in touch” he said and I left. 6 week later after I had joined Tesco full time I got a call at 10.30 pm from a woman who said she was from Dragonfly and would I go and work at Budgens for midnight ?
“No”
“No ? why not ?”
“Because I do not work for you, you have never contacted me since the interview and I don’t do agency work”
“But I told them you could do it” she said.
" do you think I sat here for all this time waiting for you to call and send me to some supermarket company to do agency work ?"
“Well it’s work isn’t it ?”
"Then go and do it, and don’t fing call me again"
Next day I got a call from the boss asking why I wouldn’t work for them ? I just told him to f
off.

A few years back I went a for a job driving a van doing multi-drop around London. I couldn’t believe how rude and horrible this bloke was, he was the sort of bloke that wakes up already ■■■■■■ off, I literally was in the office 2 minutes which resulted with him chucking the keys and paperwork at me and saying “go on then get on with it”

About 2pm my phone rings and its him,
“I got a few collections for you so hurry up”
Ok no problem.
“How you getting on”
Alright thanks, you?
“Yeah, where are ya?”
Mitcham
“Mitcham!!! You haven’t got a drop in Mitcham!!!”
I know, I’m just having a drink with my mate.
“What!!! So what have you done so far?”
Not much, the van is round the corner with the paperwork on the seat and the keys in the ignition.
“You ■■■■■■■ what!!! Those deliveries have got to be there today!!!”
Go on then… Get on with it!!!
“Ahhhhhhhhh fffffffuc”… He hangs up.

They storys make my crap jobs in the past seem good

Don’t wanna add to any storage stuff I am not a hater but that’s gotta b the worst interview I’ve ever been to. I’ve had two there 1 about 7 years ago that was good but 1in October last year was terrible assessment drive was good the bloke was well sound just told me how it was, but in the interview I discovered the job was not wot I applyed 4 eg days/nights wed 2 sun n I applyed 4 tramping Sunday Thurs. The bloke jus read questions from a sheet n had 2 ask wot experience I had so he clearly hadn’t been bothered to read the former that took an hour to fill in… I did ask if he had read it n his reply was no as they have so many they jus take contact details off um n get u in… At that point I decided the place demo wasn’t 4 me!