Worried About Your Job Being Automated or Robotised?

This link should point you in the direction of the right career move… :open_mouth:

home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-ne … 3993148604

More and more work places are seeing robots and computers being used in place of real people.
And everyone wonders why unemployment is rising

This is on it’s way for trucking but I reckon not in our lifetimes.

The-Snowman:
More and more work places are seeing robots and computers being used in place of real people.

:confused: But unemployment isn’t rising…

The technology is already there ,where the truck can tell you it requires a service and where the nearest dealer is ,who you may wish to ignore to get home ,or the dealer may have a bad name and you don’t wish to go there …Until the day the truck takes you there :smiley: like it or lump it :smiley:
Will the day come when there is the automated workshop ■■? ie truck drives in over the pit itself ,sensors locate sump plug ,cab tilts itself and refills oil…Obviously computers talk to computers and the truck can say it is using to much oil and then a human or robot with a camera checks for leaks …Or does that sound too far fetched ■■?

No.

Next question? :smiley:

win-stone was that reply to me or the original post ■■?would have been easier if this was automated… :laughing:

The original post was "(Are you) Worried About Your Job Being Automated or Robotised?

No.

Simples. :smiley: :smiley:

Oddly enough, robots are a relatively new hazard in my line of work;

These are starting to replace tractors on some of the more progressive dairy farms; because they follow a set route when travelling between sheds, you have to be wary of them when driving round the farm with a Moffett, and avoid parking a lorry in their path!

Having said that, they’re no less observant than some of the farm hands when they’re driving a crap- encrusted Fergy doing the same job! :smiley:

Olog Hai:

The-Snowman:

That’s more a matter of belief not fact. :unamused:

1. Driver/Sales Workers (98%)

[zb]

However it seems becoming a therapist is the way to go.

You could never automate my job - the robot would go rusty through lack of use. :wink:

Olog Hai:

The-Snowman:

Not according to the official figures but I believe the government can massage any statistic to make figures look good.

The-Snowman:

Olog Hai:

The-Snowman:

Not according to the official figures but I believe the government can massage any statistic to make figures look good.

The school leaving age raised from 16 to 18 probably removing loads from the statistics to start with.

Carryfast:

Olog Hai:

The-Snowman:

Ok. Proof please.

Olog Hai:

Carryfast:

Olog Hai:

Ok. Proof please.

Feel free to provide the figures under pre Thatcher accounting methods and in which those over 16 but under the age of 18 qualify for unemployment figures.

scriptonitedaily.com/2013/08 … t-figures/

michaelmeacher.info/weblog/2 … ant-count/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -Aldi.html

It’s not up to me to provide figures. That’s your job. You are the doubter. Your links are good, although those to the Daily Mail and a Labour MP for Oldham aren’t valid as both have a political agenda. As for the other, I’m not sure what use it is; you seem to be suggesting that reporting methods are changed to massage figures every time a new set showing lower unemployment is released, whereas your source bleats on about one-off changes, most made by Thatcher 30 years ago. That makes a poor effort, even by your standards.

I seem to remember last year some University did a study and created a little programme that if you entered your occupation it projected the chances of you being replaced by automation within 15 years

Driver was something like 85% chance. Police was even higher! Teacher however was only 4% chance. Most factory workers were a high chance.

Personally I think there will be a level of autonomous vehicle but there will be a driver in it, responsible for it for many many years to come. So we may not actually be operating the vehicle as we do now, but we will be there in it and therefore ‘driving’ it. I am guessing ‘driving’ will mean turning it on and supervising it’s activities.

I am guessing ‘driving’ will mean turning it on and supervising it’s activities.

And then there will drivers moaning that they are "responsible for these robots, that cost a zillion pounds, and declare loudly, “I should be paid more!”

:laughing:

1. Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks (98%)

Must be good news !