Worlds Toughest Truckers Channel 5

Just saw on Channel 5 there’s a series starting on Friday 6th January called Worlds toughest truckers.

Worth a look??

Or, another bigged up IRT or stobbies’ ducks and whalers?

cant you remember they were advertising for drivers to apply to go on the show, back in spring time if my memory serves me well

Oh, HIM!■■

Looking at the advert for it, I wouldn’t of passed even the interview. :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=kTaiFNuUVSg

toughest truckers my arse i got turned down.

Bunch of poofs, I watched a telly programme recently and the bloke drove all the way from Crick to Lutterworth.

there was a program on current tv the other day, think it was maybe called, “deadliest journeys-siberia”
very interesting, and looked well made, not overhyped at all, but showed some real truck drivers, in some real tough enviroments, worth a watch if it gets repeated.

Ive never seen any of these “trucker” films or series, nor do I wish to after having to sit through Convoy (i think thats what it was called)about 30 years ago.

So what does the UK’s toughest trucker feature? Two middle aged men, wearing shiney new vis-vests and polished boots sitting in a transport cafe, each trying to out-do the other with their fantastical knowledge of tachograph and EU WTD regulations and any other loophole for getting out of work they can think of in the name of professionalism, public safety and to protect the kids? They might even be featured eating pot noodles?

chilistrucker:
there was a program on current tv the other day, think it was maybe called, “deadliest journeys-siberia”
very interesting, and looked well made, not overhyped at all, but showed some real truck drivers, in some real tough enviroments, worth a watch if it gets repeated.

I watch a lot of stuff on Current TV, seen quite a few good documentaries on there over the Christmas period. Lots of ‘Deadliest Journey’ series of programmes on their website aswell.

current.com/search.htm?q=deadlie … &s=on&v=on

chilistrucker:

Theres a full 6 or 8 part series to “Deadliest Journeys” filmed around the world. Not all road based but an excellent series without the usual BS. Cant remember what channel they were one I watched them earleir in the year when I was off sick…Certainly better than Jeremy Kyle and the Chavfest :smiley:

agreed. they are very good programs, well put together without all the ■■■■■■■■ and hype you get from the “pretenders”
i saw it on current tv channel, 155 on virgin, not sure about sky?

chilistrucker:
agreed. they are very good programs, well put together without all the [zb] and hype you get from the “pretenders”
i saw it on current tv channel, 155 on virgin, not sure about sky?

Sky 183. There are 5 of the Deadliest Journey series on this afternoon starting at 4, including Pakistan & Siberia.

Just switched on and watching now…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Good on the narrator telling as it is.

Stobbies trucks and trailers take note! :imp:

Wonder if this will be a positive or negative response :unamused: :unamused:

Not too good at the moment…already being compared to Stobart trucks and trailers and it hasn’t even been on yet :unamused:

I remember when Ice road truckers first started, they got positive responses…now they hardly get mentioned - unlike Stobarts :open_mouth:

dri-diddly-iver:
Wonder if this will be a positive or negative response :unamused: :unamused:

Not too good at the moment…already being compared to Stobart trucks and trailers and it hasn’t even been on yet :unamused:

I remember when Ice road truckers first started, they got positive responses…now they hardly get mentioned - unlike Stobarts :open_mouth:

I much prefer the narration on Current than Channel 5, Current is less sensationalist & more informative, not only that but the content is much better. Although, like most on here, i have more in common with Stobbies, there’s nothing that Stobbies do that anyone on here couldn’t. I’m not sure i fancy driving in Pakistan or Siberia though, seeing what those guys go through makes me realise how easy we have it over here.

Anyone see the Pakistani driver giving his apprentice a good hiding when he missed a gear? Unbelievable. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Bunch of poofs, I watched a telly programme recently and the bloke drove all the way from Crick to Lutterworth.

:open_mouth: Surely your making that up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

no,its true,he then drove back to crick :exclamation:

crick to lutterworth and back thats some tough run i looked at that journey once and refused to do it,would have rather done the ice roads :slight_smile:

the Deadliest Journeys series featured the same road as in IRT Deadliest Roads Series 1 and 2. 2nd Series of IRT DR is much better but still think its far too over hyped and trying to make a story out of nothing sometimes