Worlds toughest trucker?

i dont believe it ,first it was stobarts monkeys making us look like cab happy kids,now these bunch arguing like married couples…are these t.v companies taking the ■■■■ ■■?

yep i think they are mate

Ha ha, just watched the second one. We have to remember these programmes are not made by drivers for drivers but by TV and Film companies that know they are onto a winner as there is a large audience base for this type of programme today as well as things like Big Brother and these Essex, Gypsy, Peter Andre’s lifestory, type rubbish that people with dull lives seem to love, add the soaps, come dine, swap wife, coach trip and many other so called celebrity pap then something that at least has a wagon or two in it doesn’t seem so bad, just take it with a pinch of salt or even better a wee dram! I remember asking my Brother, who was a cop in the Met at the time when The Bill first came out and everyone was saying its as near to the real thing you can get, just what him and his mates thought, Well, he said, about the only thing they got right was the dog breed poster on the wall! Happy viewing folks.
Franky.

A week in the life of a ‘normal’ truck driver wouldn’t be good viewing would it?

what a big load of crap, nice trucks though :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ive recorded it but not seen it yet looks like i will be wasting my time,on the tv note my dad said there was a new and up coming programme advertised on ITV2 just before xmas he only caught the back end of it but noticed an old motor he used to drive on there,does anyone have any info ,i know its not alot to go on but i would imagine it would be footage from the late 60s early `70s?

cant belive that english lad got it stuck on that sand hill just shows what the crap auto box as dun to drivers i still running a 97 foden with 525 ■■■■■■■ and twin splitter best box ever made

bradfordlad9999:
cant belive that english lad got it stuck on that sand hill just shows what the crap auto box as dun to drivers i still running a 97 foden with 525 ■■■■■■■ and twin splitter best box ever made

hi bradfordlad9999

your got some pics of your 97 foden please :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

curnock:
i dont believe it ,first it was stobarts monkeys making us look like cab happy kids,now these bunch arguing like married couples…are these t.v companies taking the ■■■■ ■■?

Oh! The Drama…

They have to watch out for 60,000 volt telephone lines and have inches to spare, cannot drive more than 60 mph but haven’t time to tighten or check wheels and chains. 15 minute time penalties :confused:

Greetings,to sum it up,the programme title should end with an X. 900X20. :cry: :unamused:

ask any livestock driver if he would take a load of cattle out of the gate loaded loose like that, i e, running up and down the trailor??

that rookie bloke,he sounds like one of the drivers out of “the wacky racers” . :laughing: :laughing:

sounds like its in genre of Ice Road Truckers, in other words over dramatised to the point of being ridiculous, can someone post a link so I can see if its on the internet please. thanks

I spent a couple of hours with one of the Ice Road Truckers, all these programmes are scripted, that Rick is not the clown he’s made out to be, Hugh on the other hand, what you see is what you get :unamused:

These programmes have done more harm than good for the reputation of drivers, but that’s TV, people going about their job without incident is boring.

Get a grip all of you!! it is just television, just enjoy the trucks like i do and as one of the other posters commented.

chazzer:
sounds like its in genre of Ice Road Truckers, in other words over dramatised to the point of being ridiculous, can someone post a link so I can see if its on the internet please. thanks

Demand.five.com and search for Worlds Toughest Trucker

I work in a secondary school and Waterloo Rd is completely realistic (YEAH RIGHT!!!) :laughing:

My missus (as a nurse) says just the same about Casualty - take these sort of programmes with about a pound of salt :wink: