Working two jobs, one non driving

Anyone be so kind as to advice on the scenario I’ll lay out below…
Been offered a job back on the tools, Mon-Fri day work, BUT I may need to drive hgvs aswell due to the work!!
Now the moneys not as great as driving(probation period) but then I had a brain wave…[emoji38]

Could I work a normal job then perhaps do two day’s a week driving for say an agency on weekends to top up income, bearing in mind the above point of ‘possibly’ having to drive odd bits for these folks too.

Example hours being…

Finish 6pm Friday, total of say 4hrs driving over the week in the day job…

Take 12 off from day job, then in for 6am to drive agency, do a 15, have 9 off, do another 15, have my 9off and then back to the day job Monday.

Legal, possible, allowed, should I not lick the keyboard, will working time get involved?

Be appreciated if Anyone’s got the knowledge or links…

As always, many in advance [emoji482][emoji482]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I think that you still need 45 hours weekly rest every fortnight.

alamcculloch:
I think that you still need 45 hours weekly rest every fortnight.

Yeah I forgot to add that part [emoji38]

Bless ya, so I ‘could possibly’ do every other weekend…

That’d still be a BIG help financially and not too greedy of me either I’d hope [emoji106]

No no no , did did it in engineering , it ended up fri 6-14 .00 in factory , 17.00 - 5 am fri night driving for B&q ( Gretna services change over ( 3 hrs waiting for jocks to arrive , 6-12
Sat morn in factory
I told agency I could do a short local run , ended up at Gretna services , I did 6 fri morn - midday sat with no sleep , luckily I’d made extra components in week in factory so did get a bit of sleep , money was great
But that was enough for me & went full time driving

dozy:
No no no , did did it in engineering , it ended up fri 6-14 .00 in factory , 17.00 - 5 am fri night driving for B&q ( Gretna services change over ( 3 hrs waiting for jocks to arrive , 6-12
Sat morn in factory
I told agency I could do a short local run , ended up at Gretna services , I did 6 fri morn - midday sat with no sleep , luckily I’d made extra components in week in factory so did get a bit of sleep , money was great

Cheers doze…

Needs must though ain’t it, it’d only be for 6 months or so and I’m used to working multi jobs, dodgy hours/patterns so no biggy with the sleep thing as long as I’m safe/legal.

Plus God gave us redbull after all [emoji38]

It’d just be till probation over an the wage increases to just enough to be able to skip along, I can handle doing couple days on agency to top up if possible, but I’ll never go ft with one, had one bad taste, never again.

Benjie83:

dozy:
Sat morn in factory

Cheers doze…

Needs must though ain’t it, it’d only be for 6 months or so and I’m used to working multi jobs, dodgy hours/patterns so no biggy with the sleep thing as long as I’m safe/legal.

Plus God gave us redbull after all [emoji38]

It’d just be till probation over an the wage increases to just enough to be able to skip along, I can handle doing couple days on agency to top up if possible, but I’ll never go ft with one, had one bad taste, never again.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk[/quote
I just regret going full time driving , could of still been doing 6-2, 2 - 10 ( 8 hr shifts ) for the same money I get doing 15 hrs a day , and home every night
If only I could turn the clock back , anyway hope it works out for
You

The most you could do would be one HGV driving shift every second week.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must have a weekly rest period (Regular or reduced).

You must have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations the time spent in your Monday to Friday job will count as other work for the EU regulations, therefore if at any time you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must start a new weekly rest period no later than seven 24 hour periods (current relaxed regulations) from the end of the last weekly rest period.

If you will be using your driver card in both jobs you will need to comply with the legal weekly rest requirements, even if an employer allowed to to drive without the legally required weekly rest periods, which they most likely won’t, it would be stupid to do so because if you get stopped at a roadside check you’ll get fined and parked up.

tachograph:
The most you could do would be one HGV driving shift every second week.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must have a weekly rest period (Regular or reduced).

You must have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations the time spent in your Monday to Friday job will count as other work for the EU regulations, therefore if at any time you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must start a new weekly rest period no later than seven 24 hour periods (current relaxed regulations) from the end of the last weekly rest period.

If you will be using your driver card in both jobs you will need to comply with the legal weekly rest requirements, even if an employer allowed to to drive without the legally required weekly rest periods, which they most likely won’t, it would be stupid to do so because if you get stopped at a roadside check you’ll get fined and parked up.

Bless ya, cheers tachograph [emoji482][emoji41]

Right I’ll get looking for one of those illusive 8hr, £300 in me pocket agency drives then… [emoji38]