working time directive

what is the point of this silly piece of legislation .why not just reduce the hours we work down to 36 hours drive 4 hours duty with drivers and owners being compensated the train drivers and public sector workers have had less than these hours for years.if the powers that be were interested in health and safety they would do it, i am affraid as drivers we are there to be told what when where and for how long to do it .working time directive dont make me laugh

It looked good on paper …
Get rid of poa …

when i take the (zb) out of the WTD rules its just to release steam as ive been driving a few years now and had one or to jobs :wink: :laughing: and like anyone else thats been driving 20+ years i really need the POA to earn the same if not less money than i was 17 years ago and since the hours wagon drivers were doing before the WTD were excessive therefore the goverment had to do something for our welfare :laughing: but since the WTD came in ive felt as fresh as a spring chicken as 20 of those hours in a 75 hour week were POA now thats progress cheers europrats :laughing:(yes coffe i do use poa :laughing: )

fuse:
what is the point of this silly piece of legislation .why not just reduce the hours we work down to 36 hours drive 4 hours duty with drivers and owners being compensated the train drivers and public sector workers have had less than these hours for years.if the powers that be were interested in health and safety they would do it, i am affraid as drivers we are there to be told what when where and for how long to do it .working time directive dont make me laugh

What you need is a salaried job with a big company, and not to be working for a smaller company thats gets squeezed by and then squeezes you !! Like they say in Retail, the secret to sucsess is not to exploit your workers, let your suppliers do that to theirs !!

Mike-C:

fuse:

What you need is a salaried job with a big company, and not to be working for a smaller company thats gets squeezed by and then squeezes you !! Like they say in Retail, the secret to sucsess is not to exploit your workers, let your suppliers do that to theirs !!

Mike what a sad statement…you are right unfortunately. In todays world there doesn’t seem to be any place for the little guy any more and that is a real shame IMHO. :frowning:

…or get a job as an airline pilot.

80 hours a month and £80k a year.

Thats what I didn’t.