working time directive

Hi I think I may have been working over my workingt time directive could I get a fine for this ?

burke1987:
Hi I think I may have been working over my workingt time directive could I get a fine for this ?

Your employer is more likely to than you. Remember that the “working time” does not include breaks or PoA, just driving and other work which is why if you do long hours and want to keep doing them you should maximise your use of breaks and PoA. You are allowed to do a maximum of 60hrs in any one week but over a 26 week period it must average 48hrs. Holidays still count as working time in order to stop companies abusing them so a weeks holiday is counted as 48hrs work for the WTD.

Conor:

burke1987:

Your employer is more likely to than you. Remember that the “working time” does not include breaks or PoA, just driving and other work which is why if you do long hours and want to keep doing them you should maximise your use of breaks and PoA. You are allowed to do a maximum of 60hrs in any one week but over a 26 week period it must average 48hrs. Holidays still count as working time in order to stop companies abusing them so a weeks holiday is counted as 48hrs work for the WTD.

Not necessarily 26 weeks it could be done over the other way 17’s & 18’s
Also sickness counts and a weeks holiday is counted as 5 days in a week but if you have rest days in between ie 2 rest days 3 days holiday 2 rest then 1 holiday that would only count as 36 hrs in total

Authorities not bothered with WTD since it started so unless a very major incident occurs then I cannot see them bothering at all with you or the company

burke1987:

Burke by name berk by nature only you know that without any specific hours to go on,1 post ,er yes!!

bobbya:

burke1987:

Burke by name berk by nature only you know that without any specific hours to go on,1 post ,er yes!!

Immigrant’s new identity?

This silly WTD is not worth a reply , 5 days in a week jolly good I am off to book 14 day hol for only 10 days who are the pricks that dreamed the wtd up , sick days do not count as day off keep mum or dhss will dock your sick money no wonder young ones want nothing to do with haulage ,see aia am going mad I MADE A REPLY ■■?

the nodding donkey:

bobbya:

burke1987:

your getting really boring with these repetative posts , if you don’t like him BLOCK HIM, simples

gezt:

the nodding donkey:

bobbya:

burke1987:

your getting really boring with these repetative posts , if you don’t like him BLOCK HIM, simples

Thank you please.

Stat Leave: The first 20 days per year count as 8 hours against each.
Any leave beyond 20 days per year - counts as zero.

I understand that it is a “management tool” to pick and choose which days count as stat leave or no (it doesn’t have to be the first 20) which, if you had 25 days leave per year - would give you 5 days on which you could “play your joker” in this grand scheme of Jeux Sans Frontieres in order to palm away a “stuck out” weekend or maybe you fancied a long overtime shift…

If I misunderstood “management tool” as being “something that can be used by a manager” incorrectly, and in fact it meant “A manager acting like a pillock” - then apologies in advance for my misunderstanding. :grimacing: