Working time directive help

I’m looking for some advice on the working time directive as everybody I speak to tells me something different. What are the simplified rules and regs? And can I only work 90 hours in a fortnight?
Thanks for any help.

Davids3031:
I’m looking for some advice on the working time directive as everybody I speak to tells me something different. What are the simplified rules and regs? And can I only work 90 hours in a fortnight?
Thanks for any help.

That’s not the WTD, that’s driver’s regs…

Which set of rules are you asking about? Tacho regs or Working Time Directive?

It’s working time. I have been told that I can work a maximum of 60 a week but can only do 90 a fortnight.

Davids3031:
It’s working time. I have been told that I can work a maximum of 60 a week but can only do 90 a fortnight.

Someone is telling you two different bits from two different regs

60 hours max work (driving + other work only) in any one fixed week = RTD regs

90 hours max driving time in any two consecutive fixed weeks = tacho regs

Davids3031:

Your mixing regs here…

Your max is 90hs DRIVING in a fortnight. Your max working week is 60hrs less breaks and POA. Your AVERAGE working week is 48 less breaks and POA (Period Of Availablity)

And is the 48hr average calculated over 17 weeks? If I’m on a weeks holiday is that counted as 0hrs worked?

Thanks again for the help.

Davids3031:
And is the 48hr average calculated over 17 weeks? If I’m on a weeks holiday is that counted as 0hrs worked?

Thanks again for the help.

17 or 26 weeks depending on the company

holls - first 4 weeks counted as either 48 perr full fixed week or 8 hours per day
holls over 4 weeks counted as zero

Driver not expected to keep tabs on RTD but is expected to give all info to companies

Seems that only some companies are bothered about RTD - authorities are not