working six days

If I was to do two consecutive 6 day weeks with a sunday off each week on the third week how much time would I need to pay back this is based on two 72 hour weeks doing six 12 hour shifts just not sure on the breaks thats why I always did 6 and then 5 day weeks thanks.

it depends on what time you start and finish.

If your weekly rest was less than 45 hours after the first 6 days then it is almost certain you will need a weekly rest of at least 45 hours after the second 6 days. The first reduction won’t need to be paid back until before the end of the 4th week.

scally2:
If I was to do two consecutive 6 day weeks with a sunday off each week on the third week how much time would I need to pay back this is based on two 72 hour weeks doing six 12 hour shifts just not sure on the breaks thats why I always did 6 and then 5 day weeks thanks.

Are you sure you can legally do two 6 day weeks ?

It is sometimes possible to legally go two consecutive weeks with only reduced weekly rest periods but it’s generally better to stick to having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period every second week.

There’s not enough information to say whether or not you could do this legally.

We would need to know what weekly rest periods you have before the two weeks begins.

tachograph:

scally2:

It is sometimes possible to legally go two consecutive weeks with only reduced weekly rest periods but it’s generally better to stick to having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period every second week.

We would need to know what weekly rest periods you have before the two weeks begins.

twin post tach use the there one …ive posted to get it moved over
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116204

nick2008:

tachograph:

scally2:

twin post tach use the there one …ive posted to get it moved over
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116204

Cheers Nick :wink:

If you have to take the 45 after the second 6 day spread, then what is it exactly you “hold over for the end of the third week and pay back then”?

I never did understand this bit… :blush:

I’m always being told that you can work 170 hours in a fortnight if you want, as long as you don’t drive more than 90 hours of it.
Honestly, we truckers don’t need enemies - we’re enough of that to ourselves! :frowning:

nick2008:
…ive posted to get it moved over …

It was a double post, which sometimes happens to the best of us.

I’ve merged the two posts and brushed up the crumbs. :smiley:

dieseldave:

nick2008:

cheers Dave it just helps keep things in one place :wink:
I’ve had it myself when the lappy of phone decides to have a fit

Thanks Dave :wink:

nick2008:

dieseldave:

nick2008:

cheers Dave it just helps keep things in one place :wink:
I’ve had it myself when the lappy of phone decides to have a fit

Absolutely agreed on both points.

I’ve double posted when using my iPhone, but that’s just because I have fat fingers. :blush: :blush: :grimacing:

This kind of good question defo needs to be all in one place, otherwise the good answers won’t make sense. :smiley:

tachograph:
Thanks Dave :wink:

It’s all part of the service, cos a tidy (single) topic can be read and understood much more easily. :smiley:

I’d be doing six 12 hour shifts starting at 0700 mon and finishing at 18-1900 saturday then starting mon 0700 through to 18-1900 saturday again therfore id have 36 hours off after week one then the same after week 2 just wondering if it was legal or not just looking at different ways to boost income.

scally2:
I’d be doing six 12 hour shifts starting at 0700 mon and finishing at 18-1900 saturday then starting mon 0700 through to 18-1900 saturday again therfore id have 36 hours off after week one then the same after week 2 just wondering if it was legal or not just looking at different ways to boost income.

I’d have to say that the best way to increase income is to work less (and legal) hours for a much higher hourly rate, perhaps available as soon as september. :sunglasses:

Yer probably agree but jobs are few and far between sometimes and I wouldn’t do anything that wasn’t legal no matter how much I was getting paid.