Working over Christmas?

I had a a 30 year lay off from driving/working in UK, came back last Christmas. started full time work 2 months back.

It’s all changed, what the ■■■■ have you ■■■■■■■ been doing to the game? Used to be Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve New Years Day, were all double time, and a day off in lieu, and it was YOUR choice if you wanted to work, or not.

Now it’s all “flat rate” this “flat rate” that, if it’s part of your shift pattern you have to do it. FFS!

Finish 21st go back 2nd although may make it 7th. Love the time at home

steviespain:
I had a a 30 year lay off from driving/working in UK, came back last Christmas. started full time work 2 months back.

It’s all changed, what the [zb] have you [zb] been doing to the game? Used to be Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve New Years Day, were all double time, and a day off in lieu, and it was YOUR choice if you wanted to work, or not.

Now it’s all “flat rate” this “flat rate” that, if it’s part of your shift pattern you have to do it. FFS!

More affectionately known as a "Working Holiday’ here in the States. The Holiday part doesn’t pertain to you driver but the Working does and at the same rate as usual i might add. :angry: :angry:

I have already finished until new year. Off to New Zealand and Australia on holiday.

yorkshire terrier:

nomiS36:

poleman:
Working 24th, off Christmas Day (booked as Holiday otherwise can be asked to work) back to normal shifts on Boxing day including New Years eve, and Day. All for normal pay no bonus. No Holidays allowed in December other than Christmas Day. Who said Scrooge was dead? :laughing:

Sack that!!! [emoji57]

Yes too right,that’s just ridiculous how fpdo you have to book a Xmas day off it’s a bank holiday

Bank Holidays are normal working days for our company. You get 8 days holiday in lieu but, some days like Boxing Day is not allowed as Holiday.

steviespain:

It’s all changed, what the [zb] have you [zb] been doing to the game? Used to be Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve New Years Day, were all double time, and a day off in lieu, and it was YOUR choice if you wanted to work, or not.

That’s the supermarkets curse for you. Ban Sunday trading
Also you can take Christmas day off, if you a rota’d to work, it’s a religious holiday, just say I’m going to church, you cannot be sacked or disciplined for it, as then they are victimising you for a religious belief, that’s a hate crime.

We’re rostered right through the year, admittedly at a premium rate and extra holiday days to compensate for Bank Holidays, but I prefer to work Christmas and have New Year off.

2 berks with young kids with advance access to the Year Planner have decided that they’d put in holidays for New Year and work over Christmas.

I’m now off 23rd-26th.

Happy New ■■■■■■■ Year… :unamused:

Some happy ■■■■■■■■ on here fairplay. Proper truck drivers.