working or not

Hi all have a few questions for you all and have put in the from of a poll,

we see adds that promise the earth and only give us the road

and see there is supposably a driver shortage

and would like to here from you to see if there is a shortage.

your comment would be interesting to read

thanks for the time

There’s a bit of diversity in those poll questions mate, I’m fortunate enough to be working so voted accordingly but if I could I would also say that we haven’t seen the last company fail yet.

As for the shortage of drivers, I’ve just had a look in my 2 local weekly papers and there’s not a single driving job being advertised, even the agencies aren’t bothering to advertise for drivers or anything else for that matter :frowning:

Depending on your location there will be drivers required at peek periods of the year but generally the driver shortage is a myth and has been for some time now.

This is of course a myth that some LGV driver training companies are happy to perpetuate :imp:

Is it worth training for LGV ?
I would say not at the moment no, well not unless you have reason to believe that you’ll get a job at the end of the training anyway.
Sorry to have to say that but it’s my honest opinion, of course the shortage of driver jobs won’t stop some people who are determined to join this industry and some of them will most likely get lucky and never look back :smiley:

tachograph:
There’s a bit of diversity in those poll questions mate, I’m fortunate enough to be working so voted accordingly but if I could I would also say that we haven’t seen the last company fail yet.

As for the shortage of drivers, I’ve just had a look in my 2 local weekly papers and there’s not a single driving job being advertised, even the agencies aren’t bothering to advertise for drivers or anything else for that matter :frowning:

Depending on your location there will be drivers required at peek periods of the year but generally the driver shortage is a myth and has been for some time now.

This is of course a myth that some LGV driver training companies are happy to perpetuate :imp:

Is it worth training for LGV ?
I would say not at the moment no, well not unless you have reason to believe that you’ll get a job at the end of the training anyway.
Sorry to have to say that but it’s my honest opinion, of course the shortage of driver jobs won’t stop some people who are determined to join this industry and some of them will most likely get lucky and never look back :smiley:

good comments there mate

a bit of diversity is always good :stuck_out_tongue: