Working just weekends

Hi all, New to this site, (first posting) can anyone help with my little problem. I’ve been off driving for about 14 months and now fancy trying to get back into it but only on a part time basis.At present I work part time for a local car dealership collecting cars for service and then returning them back later.I work about two hours in the morning and the same later on in the afternoon, I usually work about 20 hours a week (Mon-Fri). Now what I would like to do is a bit of weekend work either Sat/Sun or just one day, can anyone tell me how this would work with the driver weekly rest periods. It would on the face of it look like I was working 7 days a week but if I only work 4 hours a day during the week (20 hours) all none HGV what would my situation be at the weekend. I have approached a large reputable company who showed interest in my idea but didn’t give any indication of the hours /days I could work. I have a funny feeling that the amount of money I could earn over the weekend would be better than what I earn all week driving cars.
Your thoughts ideas would be very much appreciated.

You can drive 45 hours a week so you could easily do 18 hours driving time over the weekend (and that’s before you start on the reduced weekly/daily rest etc etc).

Sorry, you are allowed to drive 45 hours a week, if you only work 20 hours a week at present then that leaves you with 25 hours to play with. Max you can drive in a day is 9 hours (or 10 extended) so you should have no problem with the 2 days a week driving.

The way I see it with your split shift mon to fri job you can only drive under EU regs for one day every other weekend

Thanks for the replies, one day every other weekend doesn’t seem worth the bother, but packing my week day job in and just working just weekends seems to fit the bill. I would probably still be working 20 odd hours but doing it over 2 days rather than 5, all be it at the weekends but if it gives me all week off!.Plus the fact it will be at premium rates, time and half sat and double time Sundays, could be a nice little earner. Best not say to much everybody will be doing it.