Working in italy

does anybody have any experience of working for an italian company.there seems to a lot of drivers based in france and germany but nobody from italy.i have done a lot of driving there and always fancied living there.
my wife also shares my passion and is nagging like hell to go!!!.
jon

Wait 'til Brian (RSlicker) gets back home to Novara from his latest trip - he’s been down there for years, will be able to give you some sound advice. I think he’s back sometime later this week.

I worked for a firm in Dover last year we had two Brit drivers living in Italy. They love it. I also know a driver who’s married an Italian girl, lives in Novara, speaks Italian, says it’s great, apart from the bureaucracy, which is even worse than France, if that’s possible. At any rate, I’d learn Italian if I were you.

PeteLeTroquaire:
I also know a driver who’s married an Italian girl, lives in Novara, speaks Italian,

That driver doesn’t happen to drive a blue 'n white XF Super Spacecab does he?

Craig 111:
Wait 'til Brian (RSlicker) gets back home to Novara from his latest trip - he’s been down there for years, will be able to give you some sound advice. I think he’s back sometime later this week.

cheers i will look forward to hearing from him.he also lives in an area that interests me :slight_smile:

i picked up a bit of italian when i worked out there,but i have not spoke it for 2 years.going on holiday there in the summer so i shall dig out my books and tapes and brush up.

well at last made it home. right here goes if you want to work in italy first and formost you must get a permesso sojurno or permision to work permit the problem is you cant get one without a job ■■ second you need a liberato di lavoro this is basically a work logbook which you give to your employer. thirdly a italian national insurance number. your employer will get this for you also a carte di identity is advisable as with every where else these days we suffer from a black market in drivers from the eastern block and the financial police are clamping down hard at the moment. money around £2000 clear a month but remember when was the last time you saw a italian truck with a speed limiter ? most firms in italy belive in 9 hours driving 8 hours rest 24 hours at weekend also its advisable to join the union as most firms will stripe you for your money. i can give you some pointers as to good firms but they are few and far between. hope this gives you some pointers and if you need anymore info contact me.

i worked for detra in turin, try them they were a good firm to work for

hi r slicker
cheers for the information,
family politics have changed our situation at the mo,was hoping to re-morgage the house to enable a second home to be purchased in italy,but have been asked not to at the mo!
dont worry some sizeable funds have been the deciding issue,this will come through in 7 years,which will allow to purchase a holiday home in the near future.also i have a good job here in the uk at the mo.
hope you are enjoying it down there in italy.
thanks for the info in the situation changes i`ll let you no :exclamation:
jon