working in germany

can anyone give me some tips as too finding work with a german company.

learn to speak german :laughing: :laughing:

gazwrf:
learn to speak german :laughing: :laughing:

Actually that’s probably the best advice you’re going to get. Most German employers state in their job details that they want someone who can speak and write fluent German, so if you’re limited to school German, that won’t cut it.

The next bit of good news is that in the transport sector, they prefer to have drivers with an ADR qualification, tanks and packages.

You can check out German transport jobs from the Yougov/jobcentre website.

I walked in to a transport office in Austria,the firm is called Nottheger,and they do Russia,Scandinavia,all of Europe,the application form was in German,so i could not go further with the job,it is a reputable family firm,the father,his sons all help to run it.They are near to Waidring in the Austrian Tyrol area,very scenic too.You can google the firm for contact info,the work is bulk food tankers within the food industry,and they do general haulage too.

You can PM Brite Pete,he lives in Germany,he may assist in finding a firm to work for.

toby1234abc:
I walked in to a transport office in Austria,the firm is called Nottheger,and they do Russia,Scandinavia,all of Europe,the application form was in German,so i could not go further with the job,it is a reputable family firm,the father,his sons all help to run it.They are near to Waidring in the Austrian Tyrol area,very scenic too.You can google the firm for contact info,the work is bulk food tankers within the food industry,and they do general haulage too.

download the Applications form and translate it with google

Lovlyperson:

toby1234abc:

download the Applications form and translate it with google

Hi LP,

Are you seriously suggesting that google can translate an application form?? :open_mouth:

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48959.

We have a vacancy at our place at the moment.

So, if you are fluent in written and spoken German, can pilot a Hiab and Moffett and are able to blind side reverse an A frame drawbar without bending it… :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, nearly forgot. You will need to sort out your DCPC before you come, as, funnily enough, the one over here is all in German :wink:
(Although, as the whole farce is based solely on attendance, not being able to understand what is being said shouldn’t be a problem :imp: :imp: )

Inselaffe:
Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48959.

So, if you are fluent in written and spoken German

Some say that the Afrika Korps said the same thing to the Italians helping them in WW2 and that’s why the Italians told them to zb off in Italian. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You need to change driving habits cut everyone up, if in fast lane and someone is slower than you slam brakes on just in time and flash lights until they move. Oh and only use your indicators when your hands hit the stalk ‘‘10 to 2’’.