working in Germany

Are there any drivers out there working for german companies?

I will be moving out there to live maybe next year so im trying to get some homework done,so if anyone has any experiance of life over there or any leads for employment I would love your comments/advice

cheers guys

right now the nitty gritty ,

HI , where are you thinking of living and how good is your German ■■
what experience do you have,Do you have, Frigo, silo, Tipper,STGO;
ADR packages and TANK ■■? The wages vary from as low as €1200 before tax: up to and above €2600 ; THIS is with out the SPESEN or weekend,& bank holiday; extras one may (?) get,ALSO do not forget you will have to take the drivers CPC
and it will be carried out in German,Can you drive a WAG & DRAG??:iF YOU HAVE A BLOODY GOOD JOB in the UK then ;what about travelling back and forth,any more questions just post away;;:

There are loads of Brits out here driving for German companies.

The vast majority are ex army who have fallen under the spell of the local maidens and have married and stayed on here after leaving the forces.

Life over here is pretty good. The standard of living is way ahead of the UK. The Germans are generally a pleasant lot and love the Brits.

Obviously the main factor in getting a job is the ability to speak German. Although most Germans can speak good English, once you get out in the sticks you really need to be able to communicate in the local lingo.

Availability of work is also dependant on the area you’re thinking of moving to. It would, for example, be easier to pick up a job in the industrial Ruhr area as it would in the backwoods of Bavaria.

Your English licence and driver’s card will be valid over here, so no need to get them exchanged.

The Saturday edition of the local newspaper is a good place to look for driving jobs.

When you move here, you will have to register your address at the local town hall.
Additionally as a foreigner from another EU country, you will have to apply for a Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung, which is basically a residence permit for EU nationals. You will need to be able to show them a contract of employment before this is issued.
Also, landlords will want to see a contract of employment when you want to rent a flat, which is a bit of a Catch 22 situation.

As with the rest of Europe, jobs are pretty thin on the ground at the moment but the “green shoots of recovery” are allegedly not far away.

It would probably not be advisable to chuck a job in the UK and move over here without anything firm lined up, but having said that, that is exactly what I did almost 30 years ago and I managed to survive somehow.

Hope this helps. Best of luck, fella :wink:

Here are some links where one can look for work unless they in GERMAN
unless the site has a English link,you can use google to translate, but as has
been posted now Twice above a command of the Language is a must, in all three forms, Writing,Reading,& Spoken.
MIENE STADT,Here is an example
in the stellen markt drivers can be found under
Logistik, Lager & Verkehr–BERUFSKRAFTFAHRER
this is the Example;
HERE IS ANOTHEReuresthis is a good site, jobs are in posted
in German,
this is the German employment office web site,
German-employment office
you may wish to read the local newspapers, and the likes of the
Die Bildzeitung,Die Welt,Der Spiegel,Der Stern, Frankfurter Allgemeine,
plus German Trucker mag,s, you will have to do a lot of paper work ,
and will need lots of patience,whilst waiting to get this done,The germans love their paper work,
any more questions just post away,some one will answer them,

nice one guys i really appreciate your help both of you ,i will keeping in touch with you both as i get my homework done and check out the pros and cons.

Right now im trying to get my head into the ling so fun fun fun lol !

as regards this , English licence and driver’s card will be valid over here, so no need to get them exchanged.PLEASE read through THIS;THE site has some other useful info worth having a read through,

Quipree:
Right now im trying to get my head into the ling so fun fun fun lol !

Na, dann! Viel Spaß und viel Erfolg! :wink:

danke ich bin on a course as we speak lol

Ãœben,Ãœben,Ãœben, Practise,Practise,Practise, :slight_smile:

lol ja ja ja

this will make u laugh
this is the level im at ie starting from scratch
“du bist ein mann” lol
sie ist ■■■■ und alt lol charming stuff to begin with huh ?

aber Schönheit ist nur Haut-tief, Beauty is only skin deep, :slight_smile:
Okay have you thought what type of accommodation you will be wanting
if you use the Meinestadt.de link you can have a look for accommodation
on there as well, as for job,s. you, may/will have to pay from 2-3months rent
as a caution,(deposit), against future problems, this is normal over here,
also if you use a agent they will want money as well.heating and electricity
is payed monthly ,Be aware that when the meter is read after ONE(1)
year if you have used more than you have payed for , It will be asked for straight away after the checking of the meter, Many people have to pay
large amounts,I try to avoid this by paying more than required and so
at the end of the year either get money returned or only have to pay a small amount,Here is another good place to look through and also ask questions
it is a good place for some information,
TOY-TOWN
If you like your
Tea, condiments etc make sure you bring enough with you, as you will pay
more over here and depending where you live ,it may be you can not get any English products,Some supermarkets have special offers but these are not that often may be 1every -3months,