working hours

driving time: 56 hours per week, but 90 hours spread over a fortnight.
WTD/RTD: 60 hours max per week. however the working time directive was suspended due to the recession.
the WTD isn’t a drivers issue anyway, so don’t worry, you wouldn’t be prosecuted, but your boss could be.

limeyphil:
the working time directive was suspended due to the recession.

You keep telling us that the working time regulations have been suspended but still don’t back this up with any evidence or links to official websites or documentation that what you’re saying is correct.

limeyphil:
the WTD isn’t a drivers issue anyway, so don’t worry, you wouldn’t be prosecuted, but your boss could be.

It’s very unlikely that a driver would be prosecuted for none compliance of the working time regulations as VOSA aren’t enforcing them, however many companies are enforcing them and could take disciplinary action which could end in dismissal for failing to comply with them, so unfortunately it’s not just the companies problem :wink:

tachograph:

limeyphil:
the working time directive was suspended due to the recession.

You keep telling us that the working time regulations have been suspended but still don’t back this up with any evidence or links to official websites or documentation that what you’re saying is correct.

limeyphil:

It’s very unlikely that a driver would be prosecuted for none compliance of the working time regulations as VOSA aren’t enforcing them, however many companies are enforcing them and could take disciplinary action which could end in dismissal for failing to comply with them, so unfortunately it’s not just the companies problem :wink:

Correct, our company take a dim view on wtd infringements.

Eckyboy:

shuttlespanker:
you can actually work 84 hours per week

3 x 15 hours and 3 x 13 hours

that is working time

driving time is max 56 in any week, but 90 in a rolling fortnight

such as 56 in week 1, then you can only do 34 in week 2, week 2 then becomes week 1 and you can then do another 56 hour driving in the following week

I’m sure it’s 60 actual working then you can add breaks and POA on top.

You are right

shuttlespanker:
you can actually work 84 hours per week

3 x 15 hours and 3 x 13 hours

that is working time

driving time is max 56 in any week, but 90 in a rolling fortnight

such as 56 in week 1, then you can only do 34 in week 2, week 2 then becomes week 1 and you can then do another 56 hour driving in the following week

But Spanky… What about… 3x15’s, 24hr rest, 3x15’s… Or even 6x15’s with split daily rest…

The others are right, you’re only aloud to WORK 60hrs, hence the invention of POA for those that don’t get paid their breaks, for everyone else, it’s bed :smiley:

60hrs max WORKING week + breaks and POA.
48hrs average WORKING week over reference period (17 or 26 weeks depending on company, you have to ask - but normally 17) + breaks and POA.

Don’t forget, the ‘week’ works in 2 different ways too, you get one that runs from the day you start your shift pattern, ie could be wed - sun or whatever, and 1 that’s fixed at 0000 Monday to 2359 Sunday.

They do like to confuse us :smiley:

The working week for WTD purposes is the 0000 Monday - 2359 Sunday one.

Also, don’t forget, for WTD purposes, statuary holidays count as work, ie your 20days + banks = 5.6 weeks of work, I may need correcting on this, but I think it counts for 40hrs per week of holiday?

I’d have to double check that.

waynedl:
Also, don’t forget, for WTD purposes, statuary holidays count as work, ie your 20days + banks = 5.6 weeks of work, I may need correcting on this, but I think it counts for 40hrs per week of holiday?

For the working time regulations a full weeks statutory holiday counts as 48 hours, the idea being that holiday cannot be used to lower the average weekly hours, this sort of falls down a bit though because single days are counted as 8 hours per day.

1 full 5 day week = 48 hours, 5 days not all in the same week count as 40 hours :confused:

As far as I’m aware only statutory holiday mentioned in article 13 of the 1998 working time regulations has to be counted at 48 hours per week, in the UK we get an extra 1.6 weeks holiday (article 13A 1998 working time regulations ) over the entitlement of 4 weeks mentioned in article 13, as far as I’m aware this extra 1.6 weeks holiday doesn’t have to count for the WTR and can be used to lower the average weekly working time.

Very straight forward our regulations aren’t they :confused: :laughing:

tachograph:

waynedl:

For the working time regulations a full weeks statutory holiday counts as 48 hours, the idea being that holiday cannot be used to lower the average weekly hours, this sort of falls down a bit though because single days are counted as 8 hours per day.

1 full 5 day week = 48 hours, 5 days not all in the same week count as 40 hours :confused:

As far as I’m aware only statutory holiday mentioned in article 13 of the 1998 working time regulations has to be counted at 48 hours per week, in the UK we get an extra 1.6 weeks holiday (article 13A 1998 working time regulations ) over the entitlement of 4 weeks mentioned in article 13 which as far as I’m aware doesn’t have to count for the WTR and can be used to lower the average weekly working time.

Very straight forward our regulations aren’t they :confused: :laughing:

I thought it was 48hrs, but then I checked my dCPC book and it said 1 days hols was 8hrs, and nothing was specified for 1/2 days but to assume they’d count as 4hrs :unamused: , so I did 5 x 8 = 40, but then I thought, sure it’s 48 because as you said, it had to be set so it couldn’t reduce the average working time.

thanks guys you lot made more sense than my cpc course instructor :smiley: dont think he was entirely sure himself :blush:

daffdave:
thanks guys you lot made more sense than my cpc course instructor :smiley: dont think he was entirely sure himself :blush:

It would be the instructors fault. The fact you have read up on all this before doing your theory test and then spent 7 hours learning it is not applicable. It is your instructors fault.

Not having a dig but these instructor comments make me laugh. All mistakes are the instructors fault. Nothing to do with the loud mouth asking stupid questions to try and impress the newbie that confuses the whole room. Nothing to do with the sulky school boy attitude some drivers have. Nothing to do with the I have been driving 30 years blah blah zzzzzzzzzz attitude. it was all the instructors fault.

Not having a dig at anyone there are good and bad in all but I wish a driver would have the guts to say my instructor said that but I did not understand till now.

think thats what i said long distance clara,didnt say it was instructors fault said he didnt know for sure himself