working hours

Hi to all,

I really need some advice on working time hours !, i have just landed my first full time bendy job working for a quarry :smiley: after being ripped off by the agencies for the past 3 months.

i’m ok with the driving hours limits but, i cant find anything on maximum daily hours with other work & poa , i’ve been told i can do two 15 hour days and three 12 hour days but i don’t trust the guy that told me as he talks so much s**t and really need some advice

any advise is much appreciated

Max weekly working hours of 60 that is only the driving time and other - POA & breaks do not count as working time.
Average of 48 per week over a period of 17 weeks - can be over 26 weeks with agreement - Don’t worry about this - your EMPLOYER will get it in the neck if cocked up

This may seen odd to you but the regulations do not state the max length of any shift but they do say how much rest you must have in a 24 hour period from when you finished the last daily or weekly rest period

The minimum rest is 9 hours in a 24 hour period which by default leaves you with a 15 max period of work - this can be done 3 times between weekly rest periods

You might be best to do the first week and then come on here to tell us what you did so the GURUs on the Forum for questions on drivers hours can advise you

EDIT - one of those GURUs has answered in the post below :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mudmad:
i’m ok with the driving hours limits but, i cant find anything on maximum daily hours with other work & poa , i’ve been told i can do two 15 hour days and three 12 hour days but i don’t trust the guy that told me as he talks so much [zb] and really need some advice

You should have completed an 11 hour daily rest period within 24 hours from the start of shift, this 11 hour rest period can be reduced to 9 hours no more then 3 times between weekly rest periods.

Basically that means that from the start of shift to the end of shift should be no more than 13 hours but can be up-to 15 hours no more than 3 times between weekly rest periods.

Drivers hours and tachograph rules (Goods vehicles)

Good luck with the job :smiley: