Working hours.

Hi guys.
Can you check the file in the attachment.
In my opinion I need to be off after today’s shift for 45 hours. Is that correct?
Or I’m mistaken and can work 27 and 28 Dec as well?

N my opinion what is in attachment is correct as my induction was my working days as well.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

What was you doing on the Monday and Tuesday (12/12/16 & 13/12/16) ?

If you was off work on those days for 45 hours or more you can work on the 27th and 28th.

If you was working on the Monday and Tuesday there’s not enough information because it will depend on what you was doing prior to that.

I was off 12th and 13th. But take a look how many shifts I have had since my last weekly reduced. Today I’m doing my 6th shift. So I can’t work 27th and 28th…

Luke81:
I was off 12th and 13th. But take a look how many shifts I have had since my last weekly reduced. Today I’m doing my 6th shift. So I can’t work 27th and 28th…

You started back today after a reduced weekly rest period of over 41 hours, so today is the first of six 24 hour periods.

But I can’t have two reduced weekly in a row right? So I need 45 hours now

Luke81:
But I can’t have two reduced weekly in a row right? So I need 45 hours now

Legally there’s nothing to stop you having 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods, but if you want 45 hour off have 45 hours off :smiley:

Legally I can reduce my weekly rest every other week IMO

Luke81:
Legally I can reduce my weekly rest every other week IMO

Legally you must have at-least one regular 45 hour weekly rest period in any 2 consecutive weeks but there’s nothing to stop you having more than 1 weekly rest period in a week.

You had Monday and Tuesday off so that counts as a regular weekly rest period for the week starting on the 12/12/16, you had a reduced weekly rest period last week so you must start a new regular 45 hour weekly rest period before midnight next Sunday (01/01/17).

Every time a driver has 24+ hours off it resets the max 144 hour rule

One more thing. I just double checked. I was off on Tuesday 13th. But on Monday 12th I had an assessment which is recorded on my tacho till 1400hrs. So how does it look now? Can I do 2 shifts on 27th and 28th? Or even my today’s (26th) was illegal?
I’m confused…

Luke81:
One more thing. I just double checked. I was off on Tuesday 13th. But on Monday 12th I had an assessment which is recorded on my tacho till 1400hrs. So how does it look now? Can I do 2 shifts on 27th and 28th? Or even my today’s (26th) was illegal?
I’m confused…

If you had the Saturday and Sunday off work it makes no difference.

You mean sat and sun 10th and 11th?

But you said before that legally I have to have one 45hrs weekly rest once in any two consecutive weeks right?

So I didn’t have any 45hrs in last two fixed weeks…

Luke81:
You mean sat and sun 10th and 11th?

But you said before that legally I have to have one 45hrs weekly rest once in any two consecutive weeks right?

So I didn’t have any 45hrs in last two fixed weeks…

A weekly rest period that crosses 2 weeks (Sunday midnight) can be used for either week but not both.

Actually though I shouldn’t have said that it makes no difference because it will depend on what you did in the weeks prior to the weekend in question, so the next question has to be was you working as a HGV driver in the week ending on the 11th ?

If you wasn’t working in-scope of EU regulations and you did not work on the Saturday and Sunday you can work on the 27th and 28th of this week.
If you was working in-scope of EU regulations all week up-to the 11th you would need to trace your weekly rests back a few weeks to know whether or not you should work on the 27th and 28th, that’s if you want to go to that much trouble :slight_smile: