Working hours.

Hi all I’m working off a phone so abit hard to trawl through all the pages so I have a quick question. I’m having one of those weeks, last week I messed up on my daily rest didn’t realise I had taken to many nine hour rests. So my brain is messed up reading all these books so am speaking to normal people, I started today at 7.00am and finished at 20.30, so 13.5 hr day so that’s one 15hr day gone I think. So after all this waffle when can I start again in the morning? Is it 9hrs from 8.30 when I stopped or do I calculate for 15hrs and it’s 9hrs from 10.00pm. Been told to remember 13.01 hr day is 15 hrs.
So Confusing. Many thanks Paul.

Pabinlove:
Hi all I’m working off a phone so abit hard to trawl through all the pages so I have a quick question. I’m having one of those weeks, last week I messed up on my daily rest didn’t realise I had taken to many nine hour rests. So my brain is messed up reading all these books so am speaking to normal people, I started today at 7.00am and finished at 20.30, so 13.5 hr day so that’s one 15hr day gone I think. So after all this waffle when can I start again in the morning? Is it 9hrs from 8.30 when I stopped or do I calculate for 15hrs and it’s 9hrs from 10.00pm. Been told to remember 13.01 hr day is 15 hrs.
So Confusing. Many thanks Paul.

you can restart at 0530 which is 9 hours from when you finished

Right ok thank you the 9 hrs starts from when you stop. Many thanks
sorry to ask a stupid question.

Must have 9hr rest within 24hr of your shift start.
So if you started at 7:00 then by 7:00 next morning you should have 11hrs or 9hrs.
If you finished at 20:30, you can start at 5:30 and then you must have 11 or 9hrs rest by 5:30 following day.

Zanfta:
Must have 9hr rest within 24hr of your shift start.
So if you started at 7:00 then by 7:00 next morning you should have 11hrs or 9hrs.
If you finished at 20:30, you can start at 5:30 and then you must have 11 or 9hrs rest by 5:30 following day.

Cheers for the information makes sense now. My mess up last week was I got confused and worked 13hrs 22mins then had 9hrs off but I didn’t realise that anything over 13 hrs counts as 15hrs so I had 1 to many 9hr rests. Now I understand and will not be making that mistake again. Thank you all.

Pabinlove:
My mess up last week was I got confused and worked 13hrs 22mins then had 9hrs off but I didn’t realise that anything over 13 hrs counts as 15hrs so I had 1 to many 9hr rests. Now I understand and will not be making that mistake again. Thank you all.

I’m not sure if you’re understanding this correctly, on a single manned journey if you do a shift of 13 hours 22 minutes then have a 9 hour daily rest period it counts as one reduced daily rest period not two.

Once you’re shift has gone over 13 hours you’re having a reduced daily rest period, so it doesn’t make any difference whether you have nine hours rest or eleven hours rest, it’s one reduced daily est period either way.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood what you wrote :wink: