Working hours when on holiday?

Hi all,

I currently drive a van for generally 3-5 hours per day at work, though sometime more, the rest of the time I work within a stores. From what I can see I think I am out of the scope of a ‘mobile worker’ as the vehicle is under 3.5 tonnes (I am also employed as a storesman - not a driver). I ended up in a situation in November where I had a 2 weeks annual leave to squeeze in before the end of December, luckily I managed to get a last minute break. I know someone who was out of full time work but managed to get by on agency work, and it was mental in November/December. That got me thinking, I didn’t really need a break away and would have loved some extra cash for Christmas and some driving experience, and I have Class 2 license so I thought, is there anything, WTD or otherwise that would prevent me from working while on my annual leave (does annual leave count towards the ‘reference period’ as they call it, and does this apply to me?). I know this has been brought up before on these forums, but in those cases the people worked normally as a driver full time…Based on the reading of that thread I hope I don’t get in trouble for opening this can of worms again!!! :smiley:

I have browsed Direct GOV etc and I’m pretty sure the answer will be on there somewhere and I’m just looking in the wrong places, but all this WTD and driving hours regulations documents are so confusing my head is hurting and would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Obviously I have a lot of reading to do about driving/working hours before I even think about getting agency work though :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

Karl.

Nothing to stop you doing a LGV job whilst on holiday - just adhere to the EU rest rules etc etc

Your normal non LGV job is under the normal WTD which can be opted out of and any LGV job is under the RT(WT)R so there is no problems with that issue

Many thanks for the reply ROG, I assume by EU rest rules you mean the 561/2006, so the regulations would simply be the same as if I was not working and simply did a week of LGV work?

Need to get a book or a list of examples about this kind of thing, the EU and gov.uk text is just too confusing!

Cheers,

Karl.

KarlM:
Many thanks for the reply ROG, I assume by EU rest rules you mean the 561/2006, so the regulations would simply be the same as if I was not working and simply did a week of LGV work?

Need to get a book or a list of examples about this kind of thing, the EU and gov.uk text is just too confusing!

Cheers,

Karl.

If confused then put on this site what you intend to do and we will all help you with them