Working hours question

If I start my shift at 22.00 and have a 15 at 04.00, and another break of 30 at 05.45 I know thats me covered until 12.15. Im just wondering when i pass the 11.00 mark would I need another 15 because thats over 12 hours work■■?

ValleysTrucker:
If I start my shift at 22.00 and have a 15 at 04.00, and another break of 30 at 05.45 I know thats me covered until 12.15. Im just wondering when i pass the 11.00 mark would I need another 15 because thats over 12 hours work■■?

NO

No 12 hour work rule

ValleysTrucker:

There’s no rule that says you have to have a break before passing the 12 hours working time point.

I assume the 30 minute break at 05:45 is to reset the driving time, unless you do another 4.5 hours driving time first the next required break would be 15 minutes at 12:15 as you’ve said.

Start at 23.00 i meant. Yes its to reset driving time as im normally down to last 20 minutes by then. Ah great that clears it up then. I was just unsure if because it would go over 12 hours work that id have to have over a 45 break to cover working time. Cheers for that both!

ValleysTrucker:

Hi, the rules are ; you need 15 min if you to cover 6 hour. once you have taken your 15 min you are cover up to 9 hours.
before you reach 9 hours, 30 min must be taken, and you reset the time for WTD. then, if you work for less than 6 hour after the first brake,
you dont need to take any. if you do reach another 6 hour, than take 15 min.

Again…

Why would you wanna work that long with so little time off?

What’s wrong with you?

luca73:
Hi, the rules are ; you need 15 min if you to cover 6 hour. once you have taken your 15 min you are cover up to 9 hours.
before you reach 9 hours, 30 min must be taken,

No such 9 hour rule

ROG:

luca73:

No such 9 hour rule

■■

I am under the impression that a break must be taken,
If you work more than 6 but less than 9 hours, 30 minutes (can be split in two of 15).
If you work more than 9 hours, a break totaling 45 minutes must be taken (again can be spilt in breaks of a minimum of 15 minutes each)
You can not work more than 6 hours without taking a break ( minimum of 15 minutes).

yourhavingalarf:
Again…

Why would you wanna work that long with so little time off?

What’s wrong with you?

Who said anything about WANTING to work that long??I was asking because few times last week got held up in motorway crashes and extended my day by two hours so thats why queried it. Thanks for the input trucking god .

ROG:

luca73:

No such 9 hour rule

once you take 15 min on your first six hour, than you can take 30 min before you hit the 9 hours.

luca73:

ROG:

luca73:

No such 9 hour rule

once you take 15 min on your first six hour, than you can take 30 min before you hit the 9 hours.

You can, but the minimum requirement is 15 minutes at that point, not 30 minutes.

the nodding donkey:

luca73:

ROG:

luca73:

No such 9 hour rule

You can, but the minimum requirement is 15 minutes at that point, not 30 minutes.

You don’t need to have had 30 mins break before exceeding 9 hours working time (for WTD)
(Unless your first break was before 3 hours working time :wink: )

Yeh…

Sure you were.

yourhavingalarf:
Yeh…

Sure you were.

Take it your having a bad day fella. Aint got to explain my job to a troll.

kevin0410:
You don’t need to have had 30 mins break before exceeding 9 hours working time (for WTD)

The only time you need to have a total of 30 minutes break before reaching 9 hours working time is if your total working time is not going to be over 9 hours, or as said the first 15 minute break was taken before 3 hours working time was reached, otherwise there is no rule that says you must have 30 minutes of break before reaching 9 hours working time.

Working all those hours…

With such little time off has made you cranky, stressed and angry.

im perceptive like that you know

tachograph:

kevin0410:

The only time you need to have a total of 30 minutes break before reaching 9 hours working time is if your total working time is not going to be over 9 hours, or as said the first 15 minute break was taken before 3 hours working time was reached, otherwise there is no rule that says you must have 30 minutes of break before reaching 9 hours working time.

Working between 6 and 9 hours per day requires breaks
totalling 30 minutes. If more that 9 hours is worked then
breaks must total 45 minutes. Breaks must be of at least 15
minutes duration. Break requirements under the Regulations,
are in addition to those under the EU drivers’ hours rules.

From the .gov website…

the nodding donkey:

tachograph:

kevin0410:

From the .gov website…

Yes but if you’re total working time is going to be more than 9 hours you don’t need to have 30 minutes of break before 9 hours working time.

OK technically it may be wrong to say that there’s no 9 hour rule, but in the context of this thread where the OP is doing more than 9 hours working time there’s no requirement to have 30 minutes break before going over 9 hours, well not unless the first 15 minute break was taken before 3 hours working time anyway.

• A total working time of between 6 and 9 hours requires a total of 30 minute break/breaks.
  • A total working time of more than 9 hours requires a total of 45 minutes of break/breaks.

These can be looked at as two separate rules, it’s one or the other not both.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138841&p=2182159#p2182159

tachograph:

the nodding donkey:

tachograph:

kevin0410:

From the .gov website…

Yes but if you’re total working time is going to be more than 9 hours you don’t need to have 30 minutes of break before 9 hours working time.

OK technically it may be wrong to say that there’s no 9 hour rule, but in the context of this thread where the OP is doing more than 9 hours working time there’s no requirement to have 30 minutes break before going over 9 hours, well not unless the first 15 minute break was taken before 3 hours working time anyway.

• A total working time of between 6 and 9 hours requires a total of 30 minute break/breaks.
  • A total working time of more than 9 hours requires a total of 45 minutes of break/breaks.

These can be looked at as two separate rules, it’s one or the other not both.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138841&p=2182159#p2182159

If you need a shovel, just give us a shout.

There’s 2 parts to the wtd breaks.

1. The 6 hour rule - you can’t work more than 6 hours at any point without a 15 min break, a break of 15 or more allows you to work upto another 6 hours before needing another 15 min break. This works the same as driving 4.5 hours and a 45. (Only driving and other work count as working time)

2. The total break

This is dependent on the amount of working time in the shift, only driving and other work count as working time for the wtd.

0-6 = 0 break required
Over 6 but not over 9 = 30 mins of break/s
Over 9 = 45 mins of break/s required.

Breaks can be taken anywhere in the shift to count towards the total required, except the very beginning or end of the shift, so each break must have at least 1 min of work either side of it and they must be at least 15 mins long to count.

So anyone who drives over 4.5 hours in a shift will have a 45 for that and tick the total break box for any shift, so all they’ll need to worry about is the 6 hour rule.

This is legal

Work 6
Break 15
Work 6
Break 15
Work 2:14
Break 15
Work 1 min