Working for poundland

Good afternoon all ,

I was just wanting some information about driving for poundland ?

What are they like to drive for , I see the money isn’t great being that it’s
Mon to Friday £10 ph + 50 Infringement Bonus and Sat / Sun 11 ph however I’m not
any past experiences I look forward to everyone’s reposens

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul.
Which poundland depot is it? For my sins work out of Willenhall and bilston,it’s ok kind of job you can get starts from 00.45am up to 3pm for shop deliveries,I do Friday - Tuesday and get an extra £21 for both Saturday and Sunday,some weeks it’s 60+hours some it’s 50,all the shops have maps if you trust them lol,

Money’s not as good as some places but it takes me 5 minutes to get there in the morning they usually want you to do at least 1 weekend day in your shifts as well.

1 thing tho infringement bonus■■?

Jeff.

i looked at these but

poundland.basis-system.com/vacancy/835

£9.19 / hr and require previous experience.

Hi Jeff thanks for replying.

The depo is Harlow it use to be in hoddesdon however they just built a new site .

I have attach the job ad to see if you can make sense of this I haven’t heard of this Bonus before

Mon – Fri £10ph With 50p Infringement Bonus
Sat-Sun £11ph with 50p infringement Bonus

Department/Location: Logistics – Harlow DC

Reports to: Transport Manager

Job Purpose:

To collect stock from suppliers and outbases, to deliver stock to store portfolio within Company delivery schedule guidelines whilst complying with VOSA legislation.

Context:

Achievement of Key Performance Indicators
Achievement of service delivery

Key interfaces and relationships:

Distribution Team
Store Colleagues
Interface with 3rd party suppliers and providers
General public

I’m a newbie driver I passed class 2 in 2013 and my class and my class 1 in 2014.My dad who has been driving c+e all his life said I should do some Shunting at my yard to improve my manoeuvring and reversing however I have been doing it 10 months now and I just want to get out .

I currently take home 470 per week how much of a drop would I be looking at ?

I work atm 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts 7pm to 7am and use to working over the weekend , I think I would prefer night work as well .

Thanks Jeff

On the advert it says average 2 drops? Yeah right runs go out with 6 drops a day sometimes lol some one telling porkies :open_mouth: :unamused:

Not sure about Harlow but will ask at work tomorrow,if you prefer nights then ask about trunking I know Harlow run to peterlee and meet the trunks coming down and swop trailers.

Is that infringement bonus 50pence a hour or 50pence a week? ■■■■■■■ shove that right up yer arse if that’s a week :laughing:

merc0447:
Is that infringement bonus 50pence a hour or 50pence a week? [zb] shove that right up yer arse if that’s a week :laughing:

Should be 50p for every hour you go without an infringement :smiley:

PaulZuna:
Context:

Achievement of Key Performance Indicators
Achievement of service delivery

Key interfaces and relationships:

Interface with 3rd party suppliers

Let me guess, this was dreamt up by someone who did averagely at sixth form, did a gap year making mud huts in Africa, backpacked in Australia and then wasted two years at university of Ipswich and had to get a job so Gramps wouldn’t write him out of his will?

Hi Paul i work for poundland (Harlow) on my second tour been there six months now,the money is dire but we are in negotiation for a decent wage rise.The job itself is easy work between 1 & 4 drops and all the units are volvo’s :smiley: the working week is sun-thurs or tues-sat and i do about 8 to 10 hours a day.

Firstly thanks to everybody who has commented I work night so just seen the posts.

Hi Daz that’s the only thing for me is the money …
If you live around the area you proberly know bidvest logistics that’s who I work for we just has a pay rise there which now class 2 drivers are on £35500 per annum so as you can imagine I don’t really want to take a big drop in money . However I want to do class 1 I’m sick of handball up and down stairs .i wouldn’t say I was afraid of hard work but I did my class 1 for a bit more of a easyier life although it would seem the money isn’t as good .

I don’t really mind what I work I do 4 on 4 of so end up working every day eventually lol .

Im 23 I have a wife two children and a mortgage so the thought of jumping jobs scares me a lot but I feel I would be a lot more happy driving class 1 .

Look forward to your relpy

Paul

Take a weeks holiday sign up to the agency at Harlow and try it for a week see how you like it.

PaulZuna:
Firstly thanks to everybody who has commented I work night so just seen the posts.

If you live around the area you proberly know bidvest logistics that’s who I work for we just has a pay rise there which now class 2 drivers are on £35500 per annum so as you can imagine I don’t really want to take a big drop in money . However I want to do class 1 I’m sick of handball up and down stairs .i wouldn’t say I was afraid of hard work but I did my class 1 for a bit more of a easyier life although it would seem the money isn’t as good .

I don’t really mind what I work I do 4 on 4 of so end up working every day eventually lol .

Im 23 I have a wife two children and a mortgage so the thought of jumping jobs scares me a lot but I feel I would be a lot more happy driving class 1 .

Paul

Hi Paul i used to work for them when they were 3663 and yeah it’s hard work but poundland is really easy work no handball you just drop the cages or pallets down and they take them in.However you will take a bit of a hit with the money,why don’t you do what Daytrunker said and take a couple of weeks holiday and go in there with an agency like H&G or 24/7 if your not sure.

DAZA1965:

PaulZuna:

Paul

Hi Paul i used to work for them when they were 3663 and yeah it’s hard work but poundland is really easy work no handball you just drop the cages or pallets down and they take them in.However you will take a bit of a hit with the money,why don’t you do what Daytrunker said and take a couple of weeks holiday and go in there with an agency like H&G or 24/7 if your not sure.

ps Ment to say do you know Rob Lindsey i think his shunting there ?

With a bit of luck they might give you the opportunity not to put a rigid decker, on its side.

Thanks for the advise everybody I think I’m definitely gonna do that

I can’t say that name rings a bell I have worked at bidvest for 1.8months never heard that name sorry

Some people say it’s best to work at poundland and be a limited company but I think this can be quite risky any opinions or experience ?

Paul

Own Account Driver:
With a bit of luck they might give you the opportunity not to put a rigid decker, on its side.

Horrible things lol only had the pleasure once that was enough.

As for handball bilston have some sometimes pop is the worse and loo roll had a 33ft trailer last week 19 pallets plus 4 pallets thrown over the top everywhere right PITA trying to unload pallets and stack handball onto pallets at the same time.