Working for NFT

The office staff are generally ill mannered. I’d worked there over a year and Pete Freeston the shift manager still didn’t know my name when handng me a trip sheet.

If you end up on an unplanned night out you will have your day minutely investigated by Jamie Hoole.

Waiting a few hours for a unit at the start of your shift is a routine occurrence. The pension is however very good. The money used to be way ahead of everywhere else, but not so now.

Judehamish:
The office staff are generally ill mannered. I’d worked there over a year and Pete Freeston the shift manager still didn’t know my name when handng me a trip sheet.

If you end up on an unplanned night out you will have your day minutely investigated by Jamie Hoole.

Waiting a few hours for a unit at the start of your shift is a routine occurrence. The pension is however very good. The money used to be way ahead of everywhere else, but not so now.

Like i said some in office are ill mannered some aren’t , if you can name me a company that ain’t like that i’ve got some magic beans to sell ya.
We get 8hrs pay + night out money for an unplanned night out (another benefit of good union) but people abuse that so ofc it’s going to be checked by one of the managers.
Unfortunatley i’ve only worked here 2 years so i’m not a one of the old boys that get better runs (again name me somewhere where that don’t happen) or a blue eyed boy .
Like i said it’s easy work for £600+ in my pocket weekly

Grantham and fav in a day shift…i’d call that"planned up to the bollox"

OllieNotts:
Sounds like one of the blue eyed boys is here :unamused: :laughing:
The trainer with the shirt grey hair told me that forget his name not Kev before he left the other one nothing to do with rdc bull.
And as for 55 hours a week, I guess you’re either on nights or one of the moaners, they got what they wanted or they kicked and screamed till they did :unamused: :grimacing:
One of the worst places I’ve ever had the misfortune of working and most of the lads I spoke to. Didn’t like it they just stayed and put up with it for the money.

+1

When I worked there I got shafted on a Saturday, my run was Morrisons at Ossett then reload at Grimsby. Great I thought started at 7 am so I will get to go for a pint that night. Upon arrival at Grimsby I was informed by the security guard that my load had already been taken, so I rang the ever helpful transport office at Alfreton to be told that one of the golden boys wanted a early finish and got him to take my collection and that I was to go to Scunthorpe to reload. What they failed to tell me was this collection was ready until 7 pm. Upon returning to Alfreton I handed my notice in along with the truck keys. This happened a week after they changed my shift pattern because of another golden boy!

Whirlwind:

Judehamish:

Like i said some in office are ill mannered some aren’t , if you can name me a company that ain’t like that i’ve got some magic beans to sell ya.
We get 8hrs pay + night out money for an unplanned night out (another benefit of good union) but people abuse that so ofc it’s going to be checked by one of the managers.
Unfortunatley i’ve only worked here 2 years so i’m not a one of the old boys that get better runs (again name me somewhere where that don’t happen) or a blue eyed boy .
Like i said it’s easy work for £600+ in my pocket weekly

There’s easy ways of earning that sort of money for less hours and only working Monday to Friday on days :wink:

Come on then,spill the beans

Trukkertone:
I used to do agency out of Penrith depot, loved the night trunk to Alfreton and back, get there and find shunter Nigel… " alright Nige " "alright Tone, put it on door 10, what time do you want waken up ■■? " , BRILLIANT.

If you did the trunk from Alfreton to Penrith you was expected to collect a backload from Grimsby!

commonrail2:
Come on then,spill the beans

adr gas tanker :smiley:

Abit of a marmite job can be hard graft in winter and some of the tracks i go down are like a rally stage. Took me about 3 years to get into the job. No 2 days are the same, quite a physical job so keeps you fit too.

To be fair to NFT they did help me get my licence :blush:

But I just didnt click with them.

£600 in the bank every week doesn’t even add up to 55-60 hours a week we’ve got a comedian in the room :grimacing: :unamused:
If I got 800+ quid a week for 55 hours at NFT I’d of put up with their bull ■■■■ but it doesn’t add up cause you’re lying to try and prove your crap job is amazing, more to life then NFT :laughing:

Right well that about sums it up I think thanks for all the replies,I am looking at Middleton and have been in there collecting with Asda and they strike me as okay but you never can tell with some places.Pay is better hence me looking at them but don`t want to be offered a placement and then find out that they move the goalposts once you have started like Buffaload of bullsh*t did with me by changing the overtime rate from time and a half to single time the day after I started there tramping which was the only reason I went there in the first place to earn extra.Once again cheers.

Take a pillow to Middleton with you Moonyo.

You will need it…

OllieNotts:
£600 in the bank every week doesn’t even add up to 55-60 hours a week we’ve got a comedian in the room :grimacing: :unamused:
If I got 800+ quid a week for 55 hours at NFT I’d of put up with their bull [zb] but it doesn’t add up cause you’re lying to try and prove your crap job is amazing, more to life then NFT :laughing:

I’ve not tried telling you my job is amazing , I’ve told yo in my opinion my job ain’t crap and i quite like it there, The only amazing jobs i’ve ever had are the ■■■■ paying ones

My wages in the bank is around £540 - £560 a week that is after £40 ish is taken out for pension and the company match that so yes my wage is over £600 a week

Whirlwind:

OllieNotts:
If I got 800+ quid a week for 55 hours at NFT I’d of put up with their bull [zb] but it doesn’t add up cause you’re lying to try and prove your crap job is amazing, more to life then NFT :laughing:

I’ve not tried telling you my job is amazing , I’ve told yo in my opinion my job ain’t crap and i quite like it there, The only amazing jobs i’ve ever had are the [zb] paying ones

My wages in the bank is around £540 - £560 a week that is after £40 ish is taken out for pension and the company match that so yes my wage is over £600 a week

And what hours etc are you putting in for that please, Mr whirlwind :slight_smile:

eagerbeaver:
Take a pillow to Middleton with you Moonyo.

You will need it…

Lol,this isn`t Mick (Commercial) is it by any chance :slight_smile:

Let’s say you start at midnight and work till 1130 x 5 =57hr 30min.take 30min break off a night =55
With the night rate and add ons you clear 560 easy
But at nft they want a driver that won’t answer back.

That’s my take on them.

Moonyo:

Whirlwind:

OllieNotts:

I’ve not tried telling you my job is amazing , I’ve told yo in my opinion my job ain’t crap and i quite like it there, The only amazing jobs i’ve ever had are the [zb] paying ones

And what hours etc are you putting in for that please, Mr whirlwind :slight_smile:

55 - 60 hrs a week , on an 8 week rolling rota so you do have to work weekends half of them