Working for euro companies

Just sitting here musing away, and thought of this question:

If you are a Brit, living in the UK, but driving for a euro company (Irish, whatever), how do you get on with tax & NI payments? Do they get deducted at source and paid to HMRC at UK rates, or are they paid to the company’s home country, or how does it work?

Thanks

Gary

scaniason:
Just sitting here musing away, and thought of this question:

If you are a Brit, living in the UK, but driving for a euro company (Irish, whatever), how do you get on with tax & NI payments? Do they get deducted at source and paid to HMRC at UK rates, or are they paid to the company’s home country, or how does it work?

Thanks

Gary

I work for an Irish company and am paid through the Irish tax system spoke to UK HMRC about my NI contributions and they said the contributions are transferable as all in European Union. To be honest the Irish pension is more generous than the UK’s so I will clam the Irish pension on retirement. It may be slightly different for me as I live in Northern Ireland, Irish tax system is also better if you are married as they have the married man’s allowance and you get deductions for having children the only thing that affects the wages is the exchange rate but this tends to balance out over the course of a year you also have to fill out a UK self assessment form as you are bringing money into the UK but as you have already paid tax on your earnings no tax is due it is just a formality although it will affect any tax credits you are receiving. UK HMRC can access Irish records so you can’t work for an Irish firm and then claim the dole in the UK as used to be the case :smiley: