Working for Car Transporter companies

As a recently qualified Class 1 driver I have an opportunity with a car transporter company. It is a small family business and I am pleased that they are happy to give me a newbie a chance. They are also prepared to invest time training me up from scratch. I understand the basic outline of the job… Ie pick up cars and transport then to the clients safely… Obviously there is more involved than simply picking up a trailer or container and dropping it off… I know that it will involve nights out and a degree of manual involvement securing your load along with attention to paper work.

But having never done this type of work or driven this type of class 1 rig, I was wondering what advice people who have or are doing automotive transportation would give me?

As there are no super markets depots or distribution centres near me, the main options are timber wagons or quary tipping as an alternation unless I head to the Midlands and try for being a tramping trunker…

All advice welcome

This might help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67239&p=841293&hilit=car+transporters+buck+rogers#p841293

Been doing it for 2 years now and best advice. Take your time and wants they have trained you there way you will find other ways yourself and some better too. So do it your way. And have a camera.