Working for below the national wage

I think it must be the biggest industry in the country to pay below a living wage
Or is it just that most are clowns who do not and never will know or known any thing better or any thing that comes near it in there life
What’s it like gaffer your not given me enough hours and thats after been up to 65 hours already so he or she do more hours so he or she drop hourly rate to way below a living wage
Do nobody think what is happening slave labour

National living wage is just over £9/hour in london. And just under £8/hour for northerners.

If you are earning less than this go and get a job for a big paying firm like Stobarts.

Look at the time it must be troll o’clock :unamused:

If you’re working for less than the living wage there is nobody to blame other than yourself.

bald bloke:
Look at the time it must be troll o’clock :unamused:

Shhhh… you can’t say that anymore. :smiley:

Am sure there’s some people who love there trucks so much then work for less . But serious that’s why lot of firms now pay a salary it’s a way of getting around the minimum wage.

edd1974:
Am sure there’s some people who love there trucks so much then work for less . But serious that’s why lot of firms now pay a salary it’s a way of getting around the minimum wage.

Yes yes i know this and that good but if we work long hours for salary it no good even with new truck

edd1974:
But serious that’s why lot of firms now pay a salary it’s a way of getting around the minimum wage.

No it isn’t. Even if you’re on salary the pay you get for the hours you do has to at least meet minimum wage.

The national living wage (£7.83 at present) is a legal minimum, and should be reported to HMRC so they can get there correct pay. Keep your pay slips if you have them.
gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

Drivers are doing it though,sad but true and worse still some try and justify it…

zaax:
The national living wage (£7.83 at present) is a legal minimum, and should be reported to HMRC so they can get there correct pay. Keep your pay slips if you have them.
gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

Don’t get confused. The national minimum wage is regulated by legislation, the national living wage is a voluntary option chosen by some of the more enlightened businesses.

Conor:

edd1974:
But serious that’s why lot of firms now pay a salary it’s a way of getting around the minimum wage.

No it isn’t. Even if you’re on salary the pay you get for the hours you do has to at least meet minimum wage.

I’ll bet you salaried drivers double manning are on less than min wage when doing the full 20.

Dav1d:

Conor:

I’ll bet you salaried drivers double manning are on less than min wage when doing the full 20.

Not legally.