Working for an agency

Yep its hard to work with an agency they just seem to lie and lie. What has done it for me is apparently according to them I can drive a 7.5 T without a cpc for a company. Was going to take the job even after I explained I don’t have a CPC but they gave me this random rubbish about how its ok and what finalised it for me is when he said “its only 1 quick drop to Cheltenham anyway”

Were they telling the truth or was it lies?

I guess this really depends on when you passed your car driving test and whether you have taken and passed a C1 test.

You can drive up to 7.5t if you passed your car driving test prior to 1.1.97 (you have grandfather rights) but I believe you will still need to obtain DCPC before 2014.
If you passed your test after 1.1.97 you will need to undergo further driver training in either class C1 or C to drive 7.5t, you will also need to pass module 4 and also obtain DCPC prior to 2014.

This is my basic understanding…there are lads and lasses on here who have a far better understanding of it than I do :wink:

Tazbug

As above if you have C1 on your licence you are fine to drive up to 7.5t.

Tazbug:
I guess this really depends on when you passed your car driving test and whether you have taken and passed a C1 test.

You can drive up to 7.5t if you passed your car driving test prior to 1.1.97 (you have grandfather rights) but I believe you will still need to obtain DCPC before 2014.
If you passed your test after 1.1.97 you will need to undergo further driver training in either class C1 or C to drive 7.5t, you will also need to pass module 4 and also obtain DCPC prior to 2014.

This is my basic understanding…there are lads and lasses on here who have a far better understanding of it than I do :wink:

You’re almost right.

You need C or C1 entitlement on your licence to drive a 7.5t MAM goods vehicle.

To drive a 7.5t MAM goods vehicle commercially, you must have LGV driver CPC. If you had C1 or C entitlement on 9 September 2009 (including C1 entitlement from a pre-1997 car test), you have ‘acquired rights’ to LGV driver CPC until 10 September 2014 and you do not need to take the LGV initial driver CPC tests. If you do not have ‘acquired rights’, you must take LGV modules 2 and 4 to gain LGV driver CPC.

You must take 35 hours of periodic driver CPC training every five years to keep the right to drive LGVs commercially. For drivers with ‘acquired rights’ who want to keep the right to drive LGVs commercially, this must be done before 10 September 2014.

Those that took modules 2 and 4 have longer to do their periodic training, as the initial tests give you a full five years of driver CPC at minimum (in some circumstances they grant longer than five years for drivers who hold one family of driver CPC and take the initial tests for the other family). These drivers must take 35 hours of periodic training in the five years ending with the expiry date shown on their Driver Qualification Card.

Can I drive the lorry if I don’t have the cpc card? I passed everything just not received the card on time. Can I show as a prove my certificate?

ahrunaz:
Can I drive the lorry if I don’t have the cpc card? I passed everything just not received the card on time. Can I show as a prove my certificate?

Yes.