Working at cross transport

I think seeing the word expeditors above their trademark on that building speaks volumes.

You would think or would like to think that the companies they are subbed to would do inspections of the hauliers to ensure compliance. Why on earth would Amazon allow these cowboys to drag their name and business through the mud. Typical example of one company running on a shoestring in order to feed the more profitable giants who couldnt give a ■■■■ who they use. Good to see you walked away from this and more should follow.

m.a.n rules:
gotcha, thanks mate just down the road from me in tamworth,paul archer has got a yard there as well has’nt he?..

He does have one in coleshill, but it’s further up as far as I know, not in hams hall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorkshire Tramper:
You would think or would like to think that the companies they are subbed to would do inspections of the hauliers to ensure compliance. Why on earth would Amazon allow these cowboys to drag their name and business through the mud. Typical example of one company running on a shoestring in order to feed the more profitable giants who couldnt give a ■■■■ who they use. Good to see you walked away from this and more should follow.

all due respect y/t you have answered your own ?

Cross Transport… saw these a lot when I did Amazon work. Always looked a cowboy outfit. Got all their eggs in one basket with Amazon, making hey whilst the sun shines and once the Amazon bubble pops for them they will likely just fold & disappear. Same probably goes for Slam.

Amazon never seemed bothered who hauled for them so long as they were prepared to bend over and drop their kecks to every demand.

The trouble is the hours the poster has shown on here until
Recent wage rises, those were the hours a lot of drivers had to work to
Take home a decent wage .

On another Amazon / slam transport note .
Do slam transport actually drive in in day light hours .
Wherever I am on the country ( and I get about ) all I tend to
See parked up in lay-bys ( not service stations ) are slam transport
Curtains pulled all day long , how depressing .
Not for me

Happy Trucker1:
The trouble is the hours the poster has shown on here until
Recent wage rises, those were the hours a lot of drivers had to work to
Take home a decent wage .

On another Amazon / slam transport note .
Do slam transport actually drive in in day light hours .
Wherever I am on the country ( and I get about ) all I tend to
See parked up in lay-bys ( not service stations ) are slam transport
Curtains pulled all day long , how depressing .
Not for me

That’s because they won’t pay parking you have to doss in lay-bys
From all accounts Cross are the pits to work for, as are Slam.

rob22888:
Cross Transport… saw these a lot when I did Amazon work. Always looked a cowboy outfit. Got all their eggs in one basket with Amazon, making hey whilst the sun shines and once the Amazon bubble pops for them they will likely just fold & disappear. Same probably goes for Slam.

Amazon never seemed bothered who hauled for them so long as they were prepared to bend over and drop their kecks to every demand.

I think the Amazon bubble has already burst. Hardly see any of the big hauliers doing Amazon work anymore, you either see random companies with clapped out units and trailers, slam, cross or the Amazon franchise units. I can’t blame the bigger hauliers doing less Amazon work, you’re expected to bend over backwards for them and they think they’re the holy grail but the rates are terrible. Hoping one day these cowboy outfits that only do Amazon work will go down the pan.

Jaxo:

rob22888:

I think the Amazon bubble has already burst. Hardly see any of the big hauliers doing Amazon work anymore, you either see random companies with clapped out units and trailers, slam, cross or the Amazon franchise units. I can’t blame the bigger hauliers doing less Amazon work, you’re expected to bend over backwards for them and they think they’re the holy grail but the rates are terrible. Hoping one day these cowboy outfits that only do Amazon work will go down the pan.

I still see EU registered lorries doing their trunks. I didn’t think that was allowed since Brexit?

Jaxo:

rob22888:

The firms operating the Amazon franchise units are just like Slam & Cross really. Pop up haulage companies set up to jump on the Amazon bandwagon. Amazon love them because they have them over a barrel. The bigger outfits who have other work on have been largely squeezed out because they have the capacity to say no to them. The reason Slam & Cross push drivers to the max etc. is because they know that Amazon wouldn’t hesitate binning them should they not meet their expectations, so there is a lot at stake. As a driver you have no chance really, it’s a job for short term money grabbing and that’s it.

Amazon essentially have their own in house transport operation now but with all the financial risk & operating hassle palmed off to these small outfits that run for them. Same goes for the home delivery set up with the vans.

ezydriver:

Jaxo:

rob22888:

I still see EU registered lorries doing their trunks. I didn’t think that was allowed since Brexit?

I sometimes see Lithuanian plated Volvos pulling their trailers but not sure if they’ve come from abroad or it is internal work.

rob22888:

Jaxo:

rob22888:

The firms operating the Amazon franchise units are just like Slam & Cross really. Pop up haulage companies set up to jump on the Amazon bandwagon. Amazon love them because they have them over a barrel. The bigger outfits who have other work on have been largely squeezed out because they have the capacity to say no to them. The reason Slam & Cross push drivers to the max etc. is because they know that Amazon wouldn’t hesitate binning them should they not meet their expectations, so there is a lot at stake. As a driver you have no chance really, it’s a job for short term money grabbing and that’s it.

Amazon essentially have their own in house transport operation now but with all the financial risk & operating hassle palmed off to these small outfits that run for them. Same goes for the home delivery set up with the vans.

I’ve even started to see the affects of this bubble with slam. Yes slam have a lot of Amazon work but not nearly as much in previous years. I hope eventually it will harm Amazon for using shoddy hauliers.

Amazon have been awarded operators licences for most of their depots now, rumours are those franchise companies will eventually move into certain sites and be based there before Amazon start taking more things in house with regards to transport and shunting.

To OP, good for sticking up for yourself. Anyone who has done some form of Amazon work know that certain companies have a bad reputation and there’s a reason why, for example cross, just from looking at the state of their trailers you can see where this bad reputation comes from.

ezydriver:

Jaxo:

rob22888:

Mentioning the “B-word” here will aggravate many…
(But, some of us are so unpopular anyway)
So, Brexit means that UK trucks obey EU rules for 3rd countries. (ie, harder rules than previously)
And the UK Gov is free to make it`s own rules about cabotage etc…and they have decided to (in the interest of global Britain, free trade etc) to do…

Franglais:
So, Brexit means that UK trucks obey EU rules for 3rd countries. (ie, harder rules than previously)
And the UK Gov is free to make it`s own rules about cabotage etc…and they have decided to (in the interest of global Britain, free trade etc) to do…

But surely you would agree that it is a good thing that our wages are rising sharply, at least partly because of Brexit?

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

But surely you would agree that it is a good thing that our wages are rising sharply, at least partly because of Brexit?

(I can see this bit being split off by the hard working mods)
Yes, if my wages go up now, Brexit, COVID, whatever, I am not complaining.
But, who has said in the past, that it will take a while for Brexit effects to be felt? And we still do not have the full Brexit rules in place yet. Brexit still isn’t here…the UK import regime isn’t up and running, the buildings aren’t built, the land to put them on isn’t even bought yet!
Calling out Brexit gains is still very premature.

Wasn’t there a video doing the rounds not so long back with a Cross transport driver trying to run a van or 7.5t lorry off the road at barlbrough roundabout said it was a stressed out ex para with issues driving

Uncleskid:
Wasn’t there a video doing the rounds not so long back with a Cross transport driver trying to run a van or 7.5t lorry off the road at barlbrough roundabout said it was a stressed out ex para with issues driving

Anyone would have issues working for cross !!

Uncleskid:

I thought the lorry in that video belonged to TLP Haulage but happy to be corrected. However it was a Cross driver who was caught eating cereal on the M40 near Banbury last year. Obviously the driver has to make time up somehow :smiley:

I wonder if the “Commissioner” has read this thread and possibly taken note of the companies actions and attitude

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

(I can see this bit being split off by the hard working mods)
Yes, if my wages go up now, Brexit, COVID, whatever, I am not complaining.
But, who has said in the past, that it will take a while for Brexit effects to be felt? And we still do not have the full Brexit rules in place yet. Brexit still isn’t here…the UK import regime isn’t up and running, the buildings aren’t built, the land to put them on isn’t even bought yet!
Calling out Brexit gains is still very premature.

But you’re obsessed with calling out Brexit failures