Working 6 days every other week?

Sorry guys. I know this has been done to death but finding it hard to get the answer as a scroll through older posts.

Can i work 5 days (mon-fri) and have saturday and sunday off.
Then next week work 6 days (mon-sat) and sunday off.
Then continuously follow this pattern as long as 45 hours maximum driving hours for each of those weeks?

Baldylux:
Sorry guys. I know this has been done to death but finding it hard to get the answer as a scroll through older posts.

Then continuously follow this pattern as long as 45 hours maximum driving hours for each of those weeks?

YES

Lets say you have 33 hours rest one week and 57 hours rest the next week - that would be the previous week payback sorted
45 - 33 = 12 owing
57 - 45 = 12 paid back

Baldylux:

As long as you can pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods you can do that, whether or not the compensation will be a problem depends on your usual hours.

Compensation has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which you had the reduced weekly rest period.

By the way you probably already know this but you don’t have to stick to 45 hours driving each week, as long as you don’t go over 56 hours driving in any week or 90 hours driving in any 2 consecutive weeks you’re OK.

So you basically start counting from finish work on say Saturday evening at 6pm which would mean overnight rest of 12 hours until a typical workday would start at 6am the next morning (sunday). But as Sunday is a rest day and its 24 hours until i start at 6am Monday, i add that 24 hours to the 12 hours?

So my longest break of finish Friday 6pm and start Monday 6am gives me 60 hours rest.
And my shortest break of finish Saturday 6pm and start Monday 6am gives me 36 hours rest.

That sounds like its slotted into place in my tiny brain.
This suits me being a part time parent and having the little un every other week.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Thanks for the reminder about the 56 hours driving mate. I’m going back to a recycling company in south wales that is expanding and becoming increasingly busy. I reckon they’ll want me as much as possible so might need to try and do a 45 each week as having to have a reduced week after doing a 56 might leave them short of a much needed driver