Working 6 days all the time

Is it legal to work 6 days,have 24 off,work 6 days,have 66 off,work 6 days,have 45 off and on and on and on
What i mean is,can you work 6 days between weekly rest periods all year round

205:
Is it legal to work 6 days,have 24 off,work 6 days,have 66 off,work 6 days,have 45 off and on and on and on

You should begin a new weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the last weekly or reduced weekly rest period.

In any two consecutive weeks you should have either two full weekly rest periods or one full weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours.

There’s no problem with what you describe as long as either a weekly rest of 45 hours or a reduced weekly rest of at least 24 hours falls into every fixed week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

I haven’t worked it out precisely but I think it may be that you would eventually need to adjust the start or finish times so that the weekly rest period falls into the correct week, but I guess this would depend on what hours you were working and how flexible you can be with them.

Given the above condition it’s perfectly legal :wink:

Be really careful with these types of shift pattern.

It usually goes horribly wrong around week 6 or 7 in that you end up with a ‘week’ not having a weekly rest counted in it.

Currently looking at a 4 on 4 off pattern where the driver do two ‘extra’ days then take 45 before restarting. It all fell apart in week 9 as their was no ‘weekly rest’ that could be counted in that week.

Thanks for your help guys, i’ve had a closer look tonight at home and see what you mean
it would mean taking an extra weekly rest in week 8
think i’ll stick to the normal 24 and 66 :unamused:

geebee45:
Be really careful with these types of shift pattern.

It usually goes horribly wrong around week 6 or 7 in that you end up with a ‘week’ not having a weekly rest counted in it.

Currently looking at a 4 on 4 off pattern where the driver do two ‘extra’ days then take 45 before restarting. It all fell apart in week 9 as their was no ‘weekly rest’ that could be counted in that week.

I don’t get what you’re saying…Surely if you have 4 days off then you’ve got your weekly rest right?

geebee45:

Adam_Mc:
I don’t get what you’re saying…Surely if you have 4 days off then you’ve got your weekly rest right?

Pssst - the bit in blue :wink:

ROG:

geebee45:

Adam_Mc:

Pssst - the bit in blue :wink:

Thats the bit I didnt understand…Does the “extra 2 days” refer to doing overtime? If thats what it refers to then I understand…but thats the bit that confused me :stuck_out_tongue:

If the 4 on 4 off driver is doing 2 extra days work on 2 of their 4 days off then it becomes generally 6 on 2 off.

ROG:
If the 4 on 4 off driver is doing 2 extra days work on 2 of their 4 days off then it becomes generally 6 on 2 off.

Yeah, that makes perfect sence…I just didn read the post properly and didn’t realise the person meant doing 2 extra days as overtime. I just read “4 on 4 off” lol

Adam_Mc:

ROG:

Yeah, that makes perfect sence…I just didn read the post properly and didn’t realise the person meant doing 2 extra days as overtime. I just read “4 on 4 off” lol

don’t worry - you were just having one of my SENIOR MOMENTS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Adam_Mc:

ROG:

don’t worry - you were just having one of my SENIOR MOMENTS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To true :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

205:

You should begin a new weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the last weekly or reduced weekly rest period.

In any two consecutive weeks you should have either two full weekly rest periods or one full weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours.

There’s no problem with what you describe as long as either a weekly rest of 45 hours or a reduced weekly rest of at least 24 hours falls into every fixed week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

I haven’t worked it out precisely but I think it may be that you would eventually need to adjust the start or finish times so that the weekly rest period falls into the correct week, but I guess this would depend on what hours you were working and how flexible you can be with them.

Given the above condition it’s perfectly legal :wink:

Hi tachograph

can as you this in the in the regs it says this

Note: Operators who utilise a cyclical shift pattern should take care that their shift patterns allow
for compliance with the rolling two-weekly requirements for weekly rest and compensation

what does this mean

IMO i think it means that you may not be able to do 6 day every week , am i right or wrong

it may seam funny asking this but what is this compliance with the rolling two-weekly requirements for weekly rest and compensation

cos i have never heard that before

delboytwo:

Note: Operators who utilise a cyclical shift pattern should take care that their shift patterns allow
for compliance with the rolling two-weekly requirements for weekly rest and compensation

what does this mean

IMO i think it means that you may not be able to do 6 day every week , am i right or wrong

it may seam funny asking this but what is this compliance with the rolling two-weekly requirements for weekly rest and compensation

cos i have never heard that before

Basically it means that if you run a shift pattern like the one described in the opening post where weekly rest period days will change on a regular basis the operator needs to take care to ensure that the weekly rest periods fall into line with the regulations.

The “rolling two-weekly” rest requirements are that you must have a full 45 hour weekly rest at least every second week (minimum), in other words you can’t have two consecutive weeks that don’t contain at least one full weekly rest period, and of course you should be able to pay back any reduced weekly rest compensation.

Well that’s my interpretation of it anyway :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1. In any two consecutive weeks a driver shall take at least:
    – two regular weekly rest periods, or
    – one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly
    rest period of at least 24 hours. However, the reduction
    shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest
    taken en bloc before the end of the third week following
    the week in question.

I would think that it would be difficult to work 6 days every week unless your work hours were particularly short on at least one day, but it should be possible to work 6 days between weekly rest periods on a regular basis especially if your hours were flexible, though as geebee45 pointed out you would need to check carefully that the weekly rest periods fall just right.

thanks for that, i was going to say what about wtd but thought i wouldn’t go down that path, it mite start something :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

delboytwo:
thanks for that, i was going to say what about wtd but thought i wouldn’t go down that path, it mite start something :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Wise decision !! :smiley: :wink:

205:

I know the original OP said DAYS but would I be right in saying that it could be different if it was SHIFTS :question:

ROG:

205:

I know the original OP said DAYS but would I be right in saying that it could be different if it was SHIFTS :question:

I’ve just re-read the post I made in reply to delboytwo’s question and realised that what I wrote wasn’t very clear, If we’re referring to calendar days then I would think it would be very difficult to work 6 days every week unless you worked very short hours on at least one of those days.
But it should be possible to work 6 consecutive shifts on a regular basis and still get the weekly rest periods in, especially if the shift times are flexible, I think you’ll find that plenty of drivers do this already, I think the problem starts when you’re referring to 6 full shifts of fixed daily start and finish times or where there’s not much flexibility in the start and finish times.