Work

After nearly 3 years with Stobart (which I enjoyed) I am looking for something else around Midlands. What I want is 4 days on 4 days off tramping. Does anyone knows a company that would be ok with a shift pattern like this? I am considering continental runs too. Cheers

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Four-on, four-off shift patterns and continental work don’t really sit very well together.

Harry Monk:
Four-on, four-off shift patterns and continental work don’t really sit very well together.

You spotted it!

Darkside:

Harry Monk:

You spotted it!

A driver asked for a job running Italy, but wanted to be home every Thursday to play darts in his local.

Can you narrow it down to where in the Midlands you are after work?

I know Maritime used to do 4 on 4 off, so could be worth a phone call

I’ve seen Explore advertising for 4 on 4 off trampers

Welcome to Trucknet Annabellina , try Insight transport in Inkberrow , Worcestershire , ask for the boss Steve Walker or Gilbert the manager , they run all over Europe but mainly Gibraltar , Spain , France and Italy with wide loads and groupage loads , but this may involve being away for a few weeks .
Or ask them for four days work on Benelux , which is Belgium , Netherlands and Luxembourg of which is possible in that time or short hops over the channel to France , another option is UK work only , delivering and collecting loads for their European drivers .
They may have UK port to port container work or roll on , roll off trailers for delivery/collection in the UK . These trailers are shipped over unaccompanied from Europe using tug tractors to drag them on and off the ferries .

Never worked for them but jack Richards do 4 on 4 off 5 on 3 off. Various shift patterns.
Now I stand to be corrected but I’m sure I heard turners have taken them.over? And if so I don’t know what shifts they do.
But if there near you maybe worth a call

toby1234abc:
Welcome to Trucknet Annabellina , try Insight transport in Inkberrow , Worcestershire , ask for the boss Steve Walker or Gilbert the manager , they run all over Europe but mainly Gibraltar , Spain , France and Italy with wide loads and groupage loads , but this may involve being away for a few weeks .
Or ask them for four days work on Benelux , which is Belgium , Netherlands and Luxembourg of which is possible in that time or short hops over the channel to France , another option is UK work only , delivering and collecting loads for their European drivers .
They may have UK port to port container work or roll on , roll off trailers for delivery/collection in the UK . These trailers are shipped over unaccompanied from Europe using tug tractors to drag them on and off the ferries .

Hi Toby , is that Steve Walker a’s in used to have Steve Walker transport ?

Iirc there was a George walker at Insight ?

Jack Richards are advertising in Northampton for 4 on 4 off