Work update/thank you

it’s been a while since i’ve been on here for more than a minute and thought id just share an update on how its been going work wise…started looking for class 2 work in april of this year…got a few days for a company in coventry over the easter…didn’t last long :frowning: lots of handball and long days meant it was not meant to be (their decision)…joined a few agencies and while i did not have a car one agency did find me a few days experience which was great…a few weeks ago i got myself a car and since then it’s been non stop here, there and everywhere. got a full week in kidderminster this week and more work already planned for 2 weeks after that…finally started to get my reversing better and confidence in my abilities are rising, still working on my strapping as i keep worrying about it in transport but only been at it for about 3-4 weeks.

and finally id like to thank everyone on here for the help and support in times when i’ve needed it…whether ive posted and you’ve replied or if ive found something that helps in other topics… thank you

Congrats buddy. Glad going well for you. Im thinking of joining agency very soon. Just knocking on doors still hopeing sombody answers. If not agencys it is :slight_smile:

nice im happy with agency at the minute its better than being on dole and i get to do different things…i don’t know where your from but round by me only 1 agency was willing to give me a chance and now im going non stop with work

Hi bigbedda, if your willing to go to Kidderminter you could try

OSS in Stourport I believe they like to train drivers their way
If you go to OSS when you come out get to T turn left bottom of road turn left fuel depot on left, Mr Tanser and they only run rigids,
From there off the estate turn right on main road upto island left next island right under bridge left onto the estate 1st building on right ask for Gary (hard graft but they’ll put you in for class 1)

Back to the Island turn right towards Kidderminster to Island left onto the estate T at the top of the estate company on right only run rigids, then pop in to see Sarah at the café on the estate ask if she has the details of the tippers that run out of that yard. Ask if she has Tippers daughters number (can’t recall her name) she may be able to help.

Off the estate down the hill straight on at island 2nd left into amies yard (they have a haulage business as well)

I don’t think Darren Shephard runs rigids anymore but if you see him about ask it’s worth a try.

thanks muckspreader, im down kidderminster this week at tooles transport, and kiddie is closer than some places ive had to go for work…im considering going for my class 1 in the future just at the minute it kind of terrifies me. ive just started getting the hang of reversing class 2 and still sometimes i stop with the back too far away from wherever im reversing up to, and ill be honest i have a habit of taking longer on a job because i cant take the truck where the sat nav says…i will be buying a truck satnav very soon i hope but i think it may be best for me and everyone else on the roads if i stay on class 2 for some experience then go class 1…currently i don’t do handball very often which is fortunate as im quite big and waaaay out of shape…but i will take your advise and go see them anyway, at least if i got work with one of them id have guaranteed work, im just happy every driver and company i go to work for are friendly and understanding about me not being as fast as the more experienced

bigbedda:
thanks muckspreader, im down kidderminster this week at tooles transport, and kiddie is closer than some places ive had to go for work…im considering going for my class 1 in the future just at the minute it kind of terrifies me. ive just started getting the hang of reversing class 2 and still sometimes i stop with the back too far away from wherever im reversing up to, and ill be honest i have a habit of taking longer on a job because i cant take the truck where the sat nav says…i will be buying a truck satnav very soon i hope but i think it may be best for me and everyone else on the roads if i stay on class 2 for some experience then go class 1…currently i don’t do handball very often which is fortunate as im quite big and waaaay out of shape…but i will take your advise and go see them anyway, at least if i got work with one of them id have guaranteed work, im just happy every driver and company i go to work for are friendly and understanding about me not being as fast as the more experienced

Trucks cost 40-100k most companies would rather pay an extra £10 a day for a damage free truck than save a tenner and spend thousands, don’t let anyone rush you or distract you and you’ll do ok

Tooles used to be at Droitwhich I can give you another handful of suggestions that way if you want.
Actually as you’ll be passing when travelling from Droitwhich to Kidderminster at the Panda pop island turn left onto estate 1st right company on the corner run 1 rigid boss is called Andy, next company on the right is Zenith they only run rigids, then out of their to the T turn right last company on left Alutrade boss is Dave (they like polite in there) out of there look across at 10pm you’ll see Wiseman Dairies they run quite a few rigids if you can’t get in direct ask which agency they use, the gateman will tell you as all drivers have to sign in and state what company they are from.
Enjoy the sandwich bar :laughing:

Off the estate past Panda onto the next one only know 2 companies there, a small fuel depot then the steel company opposite the boss is Julie sat on the front desk (not the most talkative person, and I’ve known her 20 years, lovely lady when you get to know her, so is her Mum & Dad it’s Dads business really) brief is the key there.

So if your going that way to Kidderminster the Gary one on Hartlebury TE would be your next port of call, just remembered you could also try Terry at ALO opposite TNT, then the other end of the estate theres Andy Loos, their tucked away if you get to the café you’ve missed them.

Good luck, most companies just want someone who is keen and willing to work
Handball may be good for you if you want to lose a bit of weight !

You’ll get it,dont worry.
Every beginning is difficult

Hi bigbedda. Im from belfast. Theres a driver hire about 10 mins away from me but agency is last place i wanted to go. Looks like mite have to now. Suppose needs must. Got all me gear over last few weeks. New grip bag sat nav etc :smiley:

thanks guys your all a massive help…yh handball would be good to lose weight i suppose…and i’m keen and eager to work so that goes in my favour…what i have been doing up until this week and i really enjoy is transporting stillages of steel or aluminium but as long as im not delivering to single houses like i am this week i will be happy