Work info

lee mat:
its the work i cant find at the mo its bad

don’t bother with the boxes from your neck of the woods :open_mouth:

it’s very dire in Manchester and Leeds

ive heard its dire mind you the whole of trafford park is bad its like a ghost town at night

well, i’m on for a large box carrier that has a depot in Trafford Park, my planner in Southampton is trying to keep me away from there cos they will take the work i have for their own drivers, Leeds is the same :cry:

Luckily, i have been running from the southern ports :smiley:

sounds about right for up here that i no a couple of lads on for two of the big box cos in manchester and they are struggling heard southampton wasnt doing that well either

the job i’m on is ok cos i’m on a contract, whereas the general side is a bit quiet

just looked at the company i used to work for when i was on containers and they have sold out or something like that when i was doing it was mad busy seaforth grain tilbury always hours to get in and out whats it like now any better seen as its quieter

in 2 1/2 years, i been seaforth 3 times :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i still can’t get my head round why an empty container needs to have a seal on it :confused:

grain, depending on breakdowns, can be good, as in 25 mins, but catch a bad day, can be a few hours :cry:

Tilbury, it’s very rare i go there either :smiley:

cant get my head round seaforth full stop 25 mins for grain must be getting better last time i went grain the queue started out on the past the railway lines near i think maritimes yard and went in left and down to the empty container part and back up again i was climbing the walls of the cab that day

the directors of Seaforth have made a statement in Commercial Motor about the delays there, they said that they have got the average turn around time down to 45 minutes, yes, they have, but, the 45 minutes in question are once you have got inside the barrier into the slot :confused:

they make no mention of the 3 to 4 hours waiting about outside the canopy to get to the slot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i never said Grain was 25 mins every time, sometimes, if you are lucky, it can be 25 mins, average about 45 mins through the day, unless you are unlucky and cop a breakdown or two on the crane you are waiting for.

who was you on for at the time and how long ago was it?

didnt mean 25 mins everytime just good going that if i remember right you have a pm

received and replied :smiley: