Work in uk- 2 questions

Halo
MB Sprinter car have a container load 1450 kg, 8 euro pallets.
I’d gotten orders for domestic transport (UK, Ireland) as well as international. I have a few questions before I begin:
-at what rate can I expect from a mile?
-or teeth to perform such activities on the islands need some special permissions I need to make any charges?
Thanks in advance. Sorry for poor English:)

So its not a 3.5t Mercedes if its capable of carrying 1450kgs. You will be lucky to get 1200kgs.

Maximal payload in the proof of registration car is 1450 kg.
I took so many, and there was no problem, only the burning of fuel:)
On the back I have dual wheels.

arth:

So if its twin wheel it will in all probability NOT be a 3.5t van, it will be more so will fall into the o license regime and all that entails.

Ben9:

arth:

So if its twin wheel it will in all probability NOT be a 3.5t van, it will be more so will fall into the o license regime and all that entails.

Unless it’s been down rated :bulb:

Goaty:

Ben9:

arth:

if it is a downrated twin wheeler then it will probably carry less then a standard 3.5t van

Smaller gear knob then?

Goaty:

Ben9:

arth:

Very much doubt it but possible.
Standard 3.5t Sprinter panel van = 1200kgs approx payload.
Curtainside or box 3.5t Sprinter = 1000kgs approx.

Downplated would be even less.

dont matter what the reg documents say get it on a weighbridge with all you stuff on board plus full tank of diesel bet its heavier than the reg document then says which will make it overweight once loaded up with that container load.

My lwb crafter was 2500kg with 1/2 tank fuel and I was stood in the weighbridge office, so that would make payload about 850kg. It did have hatcher double bunks which add about 90kg.

Looking at a 3.5t chassis with a covered 8 euro pallet body (tilt) in this neck of the woods seems to imply carrying weights of 1,110 to 1,500 or so they claim, depending on what vehicle and spec of body. That would seem a bit tight to me and a tad optimistic with a full tank and driver… better put a sleeper pod on top of that then and 2 weeks of sausage…

you can get very good rates using a small van. better than a 40 ton truck in most cases.
speak to clint at thyssen krupp, cradley heath, birmingham.
he pays very good rates for rush jobs.

limeyphil:
you can get very good rates using a small van. better than a 40 ton truck in most cases.
speak to clint at thyssen krupp, cradley heath, birmingham.
he pays very good rates for rush jobs.

Thanks for the company supplies limeyphil.
I sent them an email.
And can someone tell me at what rate per mile I get? in what range?
If I find somewhere a company would like to know whether the rate of which I propose is fair. I’m talking about the car, of course, MB Sprinter, 8 pallet, container.

well, guys, look at the Eastern European vans and compare them to the British ones. Typical British is a courtainsider with a heavy metal body:

while typical Polish one has just the rug of wires and few wooden boards to keep it in shape, therefore the body is much lighter:

Therefore it can carry more, I suppose (but it’s a pin in the arse to load and unload…)

orys:
well, guys, look at the Eastern European vans and compare them to the British ones. Typical British is a courtainsider with a heavy metal body:

while typical Polish one has just the rug of wires and few wooden boards to keep it in shape, therefore the body is much lighter:

Therefore it can carry more, I suppose (but it’s a pin in the arse to load and unload…)

I still struggle to believe that there will be 500kgs weight difference.

orys:

I used to drive a 56plate Sprinter with Tilt body and sleeper pod and with all my gear for being away in europe for upto a week and with a full tank payload was just over 800kg(tilt frame was made from aluminum) didnt last long on the fleet.

arth:

Mind your Axle weight in UK :exclamation:

Rates for a Sprinter XLWB 4m van are anything between £0.75 and £1.30 depending where the work originates.

Theres plenty of good courier/van websites to look at ,

www.courierexchange.co.uk (very expensive to join)

www.codforum.co.uk

www.shed5.co.uk

www.couriersoncall.co.uk

Good luck