Work in northwest

Hi I recently passed my cat c and am looking for work in and around Preston. I’ve signed on with an agency called driver hire bit I’m looking for full time work on tippers or skip work if possible. Does anyone know any firms that are willing to take on a new pass?

I added my details to indeed.co.uk, and within a couple of days had two email offers from agencies, even though i had stipulated weekends only lol. Goodluck

I also recently joined DriverHire in Preston and as yet they havent checked my references or offered any work. I’m looking for full time work but want to avoid the agencies if possible!!

I wonder if it’s ‘normal’ to go dropping your CV off with local companies? I think I’ll start emailing them first and see if I get a response. :neutral_face:

I got some work today but it was only van work. Think in going to print out my c.v and start pounding the industrial estates. If I hear of any work going I will let you know mate.

666D4m13n:
I also recently joined DriverHire in Preston and as yet they havent checked my references or offered any work. I’m looking for full time work but want to avoid the agencies if possible!!

I wonder if it’s ‘normal’ to go dropping your CV off with local companies? I think I’ll start emailing them first and see if I get a response. :neutral_face:

Quite surprised you’ve not been offered work with driver hire? Try Berendsen up at drumhead road (that’s where I work) as they’re always after drivers.

Thanks danb but I’ve landed a decent full time job mate so no need for agencies for now [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Did you get on at Woodside?

No, I got offered a job before they could get me in for an assessment. I was tempted to go for the assessment just for the experience but didn’t want to mess them about. I start with Graylaw Freight in Skem next week. Seems like a really good outfit with a decent rate and decent hours. They have older trucks but they’re well looked after. Should be good!! :smiley:

My father in law deals with them said there a really good firm. Good luck mate hope it all goes well for you

666D4m13n:
No, I got offered a job before they could get me in for an assessment. I was tempted to go for the assessment just for the experience but didn’t want to mess them about. I start with Graylaw Freight in Skem next week. Seems like a really good outfit with a decent rate and decent hours. They have older trucks but they’re well looked after. Should be good!! :smiley:

How you finding them mate ? Git a 4am start there friday

666D4m13n:

What are your days and hours for this job. I’m a new driver myself and the company looking for class 2 drivers. It’s about a 25 min drive for me so I’m tempted to apply myself

If you don’t mind a bit of graft you could always try James Hall. Class 2 and class 1 doing multi drop to Spar.
Not everyone’s cup of tea but its experience.