Work gloves

Any recommendations on a decent pair of work gloves to invest in? Mine have just torn through the leather thanks to a stubborn curtain strap so needing to upgrade!

I buy a make called Tegera, the pair I’m using now I’ve had months and they are still going strong, m.clasohlson.com/uk/Tegera-377-W … r408440000

I don’t use them for coupling up though, I use the ■■■■ gloves work gives us for that

I buy always 10 Pair on an American Truck Stop when im over there on Holiday.

Rigger gloves from toolstation for heavy duty.
Rubber gloves from Arco when it’s wet / oily work.
And polar arctic gloves for when you need grip.

ajt:
And polar arctic gloves for when you need grip.

That’s because you use too much baby lotion :grimacing:

Day to day winding of legs etc I use riggers supplied by the company.
Also cut the cuffs off as they drag all the loose [zb] into your back hand when pulling the pin.

When I bought my own personal kit I bought Buffalo gloves, soft leather lined gloves.

In the winter I’d get thermal rigger gloves.

Don’t like the rubber ones they tend to make your hands sweat and smell.

I always leave my gloves on the floor next to the engine hump. Then when finished into a carrier bag till next day.

I also keep a worn spare pair in the same bag just incase I loose one glove.

For changing bulbs and similar high dexterity tasks these:
Shop: uktactical.com/p-7706-hwi-ha … e-tan.aspx
For review click here: equiprev.wordpress.com/2015/02/ … ve-review/

For legs, wheels etc - bigger tasks multiple pairs of regular rigger gloves (many options in shops), in case one gets wet have 2nd pair.

To be fair, I only have to handle a pallet truck and occasionally hand ball loads off, open the back doors, fuel up etc so my gloves whilst used daily don’t get a lot of punishment but I buy a couple of pairs of leather off-cut gloves from PoundLand, a pair usually lasts about 2-3 months :slight_smile:

It’s ppe, your firm should supply them. Sod paying out of your own pocket for them.

Tris:
It’s ppe, your firm should supply them. Sod paying out of your own pocket for them.

Exactly what I was thinking, it’s a no brainer.

robroy:

Tris:

Exactly what I was thinking, it’s a no brainer.

Could not agree more

Tris:

This ^^^

dieseldave:

Tris:

This ^^^

+1
My lot give us yellow ones. With driver written on them. It’s the only thing I’m sure of.

Sumsmeister:

dieseldave:

Tris:

This ^^^

+1
My lot give us yellow ones. With driver written on them. It’s the only thing I’m sure of.

Do the designated ‘driver’ ones also have ’ L’ on one, and ‘R’ on the other? :laughing:

robroy:

Sumsmeister:

dieseldave:

Tris:

This ^^^

+1

Do the designated ‘driver’ ones also have ’ L’ on one, and ‘R’ on the other? :laughing:

My missus used to buy her knickers from C&A - I guess that’s why she always managed to put them on the right way round :smiley:

PMSL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The ones they sometimes have in Lidl are quite good.

Tris:

Didn’t think it worth mentioning that I claim it back, that’s a no brainer…

I’m only PAYE agency currently so claiming back isn’t an option, and I doubt there are many firms that would be willing to supply ppe to temp drivers! But I’m not too fussy when it comes to buying my own kit, I know what I’m getting at the end of the day and don’t have to worry about returning it at any point

clarky3013:
I’m only PAYE agency currently so claiming back isn’t an option, and I doubt there are many firms that would be willing to supply ppe to temp drivers! But I’m not too fussy when it comes to buying my own kit, I know what I’m getting at the end of the day and don’t have to worry about returning it at any point

You work for the agency. Either they provide PPE or give you “a reasonable amount” to buy your own. (IME I saved receipts, handed them in with timesheet and got some of the cost back.)