work ethic

not my truck, not my fuel,not my tyres,not my stuff on the trailer,drivers who am not going there,always have doctors or sumthing or other at 10am Friday morning to go to,or the ones that turn up drive for a couple of hours phone in and say there coming back cos of a sore head am I just wrong and out of touch with the times or is this the norm.currently employed with large firm and want to go it alone,but wouldn’t give more than half the guys I work with a shift if I could the don’t seem to want to do nowt and don’t give a ■■■■ about the equipment.would be scared to give the keys to £150k worth of plant to the guys in our place with the attitudes they have,but maybe am just getting 2 old for this ■■■■

I have to admit I think that is often the case with big companys.Go it alone. There are some really good guys out there. Treat them how you would want to be treated yourself. Employ those you know you could get on with and that appear teachable.Give them the responsibility you think they could cope with and let them get on with their job. Keep an eye on them and speak up if you’re not happy. Pay them well and make them feel worth something. Its what we do and we have a great team. Don’t let what you’ve learnt from where you are go to waste!

Tells me about it shagger.

• 1 ^^^^^^

Its often a case of if you look after your employees then they look after the business, but when your a part of a big company your just a number… when you see ppl slacking off whilst your working you begin to wonder why you actually bother and you become as bad as them, when you try to talk to management about it, your considered a trouble maker or the business has crap managers that couldn’t deal with a shag in a ■■■■■ house…

what the OP has put is all becoming part of the norm, no one respect company property, equipment… Employees these days want it all there own way, years ago it use to work on a give and take basis but these days there all take take take…

Nope, there’s still some people out there worth employing, conversely there’s some people out there still not worth working for.

Some of us will not be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, which seems to be company policy in some places, some of us have a brain and appreciate a good job when we’ve got one and do our best regardless of having to work with idiots and being led by chinless donkeys (do donkeys have chins?), its called taking a pride in your work, including not joining the half wits herd like by taking the ■■■■ out of sick pay etc.

We have a good crowd all three of us :laughing:
At the moment one driver is off on holidays and one driver has left leaving just two wagons out of four on the road the last couple of weeks.
The other driver and myself have been going the extra mile to help out and putting the hours in and helping each other by sorting the routes our planner flaps about, we still have to contract out at a substantial cost but we pull together to minimise this.
We have our own wagons and they are well looked after and respected by us all.
I cant wait until next week when we are back to full strength. :laughing: :laughing:

Good drivers thrive in good companies
Good drivers rarely get noticed in not so good companies
Bad drivers rarely get noticed in not so good companies
Bad drivers DO NOT WORK FOR GOOD COMPANIES

Good companies rarely need to advertise for drivers
Which companies advertise ?

If ever I need to advertise for a driver firstly I need to take a holiday sit back and evaluate what Im not quite getting right.

Theres no wrong in business it’s
Brilliant
Good
Break even
Not such a good day
or just can’t get the staff day

:smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^thats as good a summary as i’ve read anwhere^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It should be printed off, highlighted and embossed, and stuck to the wall in a prominent position in all companies where all who work there can read it.

just a update on subject.this week driver asked on wed morn if would do local run 1st then load for away told boss no,will you do 1 on Friday morn :question: no boss walks away alsoasked 3 others on wed morn all told him no talk about tail wagging the dog wouldn’ give 2/3rds of these guys a job and then they complain subbies are getting all the work

neverhome73:
just a update on subject.this week driver asked on wed morn if would do local run 1st then load for away told boss no,will you do 1 on Friday morn :question: no boss walks away alsoasked 3 others on wed morn all told him no talk about tail wagging the dog wouldn’ give 2/3rds of these guys a job and then they complain subbies are getting all the work

whos thats for :laughing:

keep her lit si dont let em grind ya down :smiley: