Work Before Christmas?

Hello everyone im new to this “truck driving” and “turcknet”, i have not long passed my class 2 and im 19 years old.
I have signed up to a few agencies in Liverpool and nothing yet.
how likely am i to get something before Christmas?

all depends on haulage firms in your area, you may be lucky but chances are you will struggle,
im lucky up my way truck drivings the no1, quarrys everywhere loads of firms, have you tried knocking on a few places

Don’t expect anything to come through with agencies. You’ll only get work with them if absolutely nobody else is available.

The best bet is to get knocking on doors. At 19 it’s very very easy to be passed up for somebody older and with experience.

Welcome.Try a search for firms that deliver food and drinks.They will be busy supplying pubs and shops.Is there a Mattheq Clarke depot nearby.They are a national drinks supplier.?
If you have a look on the Vosa website,there is a list of owner drivers to large fleets with O licence applications.
The list has the address of the firms.
There is multi drop parcel courier work on vans to cinsider or Royal Mail.
TNT,Fed Ex ect.
Any farms that run trucks nearby?
Refuse and recycling work is anither avenue to try.

Did you know … the local job centres a good place to start … you don’t have to be unemployed to use them. …

Find and try your local 3663 depot - this is a busy time for them, it’s hard work though.

Being 19 may be tricky as many companies have a policy of over 21 to keep their insurance premiums lower, but if you make a good enough impression they can bypass this usually.

Good luck!

nick2008 that would be smart wouldnt it? dont you think ive been there! silly reply :exclamation: :question:

thanks everyone i will go and have a walk around a few places and see what gets said.
nice one toby1234abc i will have a geg on their websites now :smiley:

TheMissus thanks mate i will have a look at 3663 hard work sounds good to me.
ino bit of a nightmare that some places wont consider me because i am young

3663/bidvest same company would definitely consider you mate. I’m only 21 but I done a year with them through agency when I was 19. They tend to prefer the young ones cos it is hard work a lot of handballing going up and down stairs and pulling pallets round the endless mazes of shopping centres but I tell you what it will keep you fit and the money is pretty decent for class 2.

reece 21:
3663/bidvest same company would definitely consider you mate. I’m only 21 but I done a year with them through agency when I was 19. They tend to prefer the young ones cos it is hard work a lot of handballing going up and down stairs and pulling pallets round the endless mazes of shopping centres but I tell you what it will keep you fit and the money is pretty decent for class 2.

yes nice one lad i will have a little look hope they have something close to Liverpool ill end up hench handballing everything

mckenna16494:

reece 21:

yes nice one lad i will have a little look hope they have something close to Liverpool ill end up hench handballing everything

Don’t think there is a depot in Liverpool mate. There is a 3663 depot in Salford just off the east lancs and the bidvest depot is in royton near Oldham. But all the same work same company just two names.

Thats a little bit hard to get to for me haha thanks tho mate ill keep looking

Emailing,Phoning or faxing prospective employers is a waste of time.
Drive there,ask to see the transport manager,be persistent and make an impression,when a driver phones in sick or is absent he will call you.

toby1234abc:
Emailing,Phoning or faxing prospective employers is a waste of time.
Drive there,ask to see the transport manager,be persistent and make an impression,when a driver phones in sick or is absent he will call you.

yer fair enough i will be out and about tomorrow going everywhere i can to try and get some work sorted, lets hope some drivers are sick then haha

Being positive is the answer.I was out of work for many years with driving experience all over Europe since 1990 and an Adr in tankers/packages/ Dcpc and an International Operating licence,nobody was interested and hung up the phone many times on me.