Woolwich Ferry

fredthered:
Am I alright @ 16’ ?

Nope, 15 4 I think

Restrictions

There is a maximum height restriction for vehicles of 4.7 metres, or 15.5 feet, and a maximum width restriction of 3.5 metres, or 11.5 feet.

royalgreenwich.gov.uk/info/2 … y_services

And don’t forget that if the last crossing of the day is late on arriving at either destination, there will always be the river police on hand to chalk around the jetty, thereby preventing other craft from mooring nearby.

Ken.

If your prone to sea-sickness, park your truck on the ferry and use the Woolwich foot tunnel to get from one side of the Thames to the other.

Should be shipping out from Woolwich Weds am, just hope it’s a high tide or I’ll ground my Moffet on the linkspan :smiley: :smiley:

You are laughing, but it is a serious matter. I tried to use it twice over last few weeks, and on both occasions it was in the early evening, and on both occasion ferry was not operating. Was it due to rough seas?

Pat Hasler:
I remember driving about 10 miles north of Folkstone and seeing signs saying ‘Drive on the left’ … bit late by then don’t you think ?

What about all these in Scottish Highlands? :smiley:

martinviking:
Restrictions

There is a maximum height restriction for vehicles of 4.7 metres, or 15.5 feet, and a maximum width restriction of 3.5 metres, or 11.5 feet.

And they ■■■■■ about gensets too :blush:

I would not embark on the ferry i think its safer to take the scenic detour, as any one seen the cost of arm bands ! And dont think it wont happen to you. who on the Titanic said nearly home now, oopps look what happened there :grimacing: That was full of seamen!

waynedl:

martinviking:
Restrictions

And they ■■■■■ about gensets too :blush:

Don’t you get plugged in? :smiley:

I’ve only been on it once about 10 years ago pulling a Nestlé trailer for John Beeny at the Somerfield Group, was great fun, that was a weekend though I think so not too busy. Usually just go black wall & back the bridge now if I’m that way as I try to avoid waiting if I can.

Is it that free boat that takes you over the river?

orys:

Pat Hasler:
I remember driving about 10 miles north of Folkstone and seeing signs saying ‘Drive on the left’ … bit late by then don’t you think ?

What about all these in Scottish Highlands? :smiley:

Do you mean Stromeferry (No Ferry)

mickyblue:

No, you have to send £10 to Viking Industries every time you use it !

I’ll pm my bank details if you like !

keep a look out for stowaways trying to get to the “promised land” over the water :grimacing:

are they still doing the game fishing off the back,last time I was on it I caught a brown marlin,thats the long lost distant cousin to the blue marlin that had a sat-nav :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

LUCKYtRUCKER:
I would not embark on the ferry i think its safer to take the scenic detour, as any one seen the cost of arm bands ! And dont think it wont happen to you. who on the Titanic said nearly home now, oopps look what happened there :grimacing: That was full of seamen!

So was that barrel, what ever you do don’t go in The Barrel. :open_mouth:

martinviking:

mickyblue:

No, you have to send £10 to Viking Industries every time you use it !

I’ll pm my bank details if you like !

Still waiting for the details. I want your money, I mean I am happy to send you the dosh :smiley: