Woohoo,no more bus driving!

About bloody time I’ve managed to get into Class2 driving. I’ve been with 3663 for three weeks now. First two weeks I’ve been with with various drivers showing the system. Must admit it’s hard work which I expected and wanted to do physical work,instead of just sat behind a wheel for 3 hours or so,where I just sieze up,and have to get out of the bus cab to loosen up. Anyway,first day on my own,and went to Liverpool,using my Pro 5150.

Always good to hear of anyone making a start in their new career. All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete. Getting my bus driver mammeries worked off :laughing:

Good luck with your new future

Whats it like there mate at 3663 and which depo you at? Ive just started for wisemans and enjoying it first day out on my own tomorrow!

It’s not bad I enjoy it. The only thing that hassle me is sub-supplies (which is stock that was not availble at the time when the warehouse fellas load the truck,and come at a later time) that drivers have to go and check if any cages exist with the designated route number that I’ll be on the day. I’ll go into the part of the warehouse where the chilled supplies will be,say for example route 15,I’ll see a cage or two with 15 on. So that’s obvious that’ll be for route 15. That’s not the part that hassles me,it’s when I’m having to double double double re re recheck around the area to see if any other route 15 cages or even pallets are in a nearby location. Otherwise,if I haven’t double checked,and I’m halfway down Wales for example,I’ll get called to come back and collect the supplies I haven’t spotted. The same with frozen products,I have to really double check. It would friggen pee me off if I get such a phone. Other than that,I can’t fault the place,although I haven’t been there long. And there’s a good crowd of colleagues to work around,but there’s a couple that don’t have the best of social skills. But we get that everywhere. Someone at the bus company where I was at,mentioned to me that Wiseman are taking on. I thought Wiseman were off New Lane in Eccles. They were when I applied several years back

Which branch are you at mate.I surpose it doesn’t matter which one your at but please be carefull im not putting a downer on you but another company took over these for a reason called Bidvest.I carnt publicly say on here why but just keep your eyes wide open with the job.I hope it all works out for you :smiley:

Never see 3663 advertising for manchester is it all through agency now?

Thank you all for the replies.

Can a mod add this Doctor to the cheap medical list, please.

HGV medicals
Dr Foster
Bridgend clinic
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend
CF31 1RQ
07748 460365
£60 inc vat (cash no card payment facilties)

AsphaltAnimal:
Never see 3663 advertising for manchester is it all through agency now?

I kept handing in my application in,it took four or so attempts