Woohoo! Im off on a jolly

:grimacing: I know it’s not much but considerably better than the week was looking. Haven’t done any nights out for nearly a year so looking forward to it!

I’ll do a diary I think, was already thinking about it as it’s my first week anyway.

Now looks like I’m doing Bristol tonight, Glasgow (scotland at least) tuesday with a night out and the same thursday night.

Sooo, I’ll post more details tomorow but any suggestions of good, free (if possible) places to stop the night would be much appreciated, as would any tips regarding roads to avoid because of the weather, roadworks etc. At a guess, I’ll make it back to roughly the borders before I stop but I’ll have a word tonight and see what the guys usualy do - whether they get as far back as possible or just stop and run back the following day.

If youre getting into the Borders area proper theres free parking at both Langholm and Hawick.

Langholm… on A7 as you go out of town, next to river 5 min walk back to town with chippy and pubs and shops.

Hawick …also on A7 in middle of town next to Iceland store large car park with truck/bus spaces.(if theyre full just park anywhere sensible on the car park) 5 min walk to town with usual facilities.
Also free WIFI here. :smiley:

If your doing Glasgow from Lincoln mate via the 66 and 74 then you could easily get back to Lockerbie or Penrith truckstops but you paying for the privalige LOL. Ceder cafeon the A1 is free to park at in the big lay bye if you should be returning that way. Think you can park at a car park at southern edge of Jedborgh too ive seen a few in there before now despite signs saying different.

Better alternative to Penrith truckstop is Dougs Diner in Penrith.

go past Penrith truckstop to the T junction at end of the road, turn Right then Left onto Gilwelly Ind.Est.
take the Left fork after 30 or 40 yards its on the right at the bottom of the hill.

IIRC its £12 to park but that includes your meal and a shower…nowt else to pay.
very good food and quiet parking.