Woodland group jobs

Sounds to good to be true

IMG_20210517_133734572.jpg

I would expect…

There to be a caveat for the £1000 sign up fee of two months completed work or such like.

But at the moment the agencies are well short for one reason or another. Some of them are signed into ‘no fail’ contracts whereby they are penalised if they fail to fill the shifts in the contract. These sign up’s and other bonuses are less money than failing the terms of the contract.

It’s not an agency it’s woodlands them self advertising and says there offering free hgv lessons obv be a catch ie stay so long.
Maybe it’s sign of things to come

edd1974:
It’s not an agency it’s woodlands them self advertising and says there offering free hgv lessons obv be a catch ie stay so long.

Do Woodland run their own trucks? Up here the work is run by Expect Distribution at Euroway and that looks like an Expect truck in the ad. Expect is another company round these parts that has perma-job ads all year round just like Walkers and drivers don’t stay there more than a week.

they use to run alot of concrete slabs in Essex from Milbank in earlscolne of A120.
Not sure if the still run them.

If that is true, then I doubt we’d have seen such a poster had remain won.

yourhavingalarf:
I would expect…

There to be a caveat for the £1000 sign up fee of two months completed work or such like.

But at the moment the agencies are well short for one reason or another. Some of them are signed into ‘no fail’ contracts whereby they are penalised if they fail to fill the shifts in the contract. These sign up’s and other bonuses are less money than failing the terms of the contract.

The agency I haven’t worked for in over a year are bombarding me with text messages offering work and even phoned me up on a Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago trying to tempt me to take on an assignment. I detect a sense of desperation. I do know that many of their drivers from low-wage countries have decided to return home, as the party here is over.

Whatever Franglais might say, this is Brexit in action as far as the transport industry goes. Bring it on I say.

DCPCFML:

edd1974:

Do Woodland run their own trucks? Up here the work is run by Expect Distribution at Euroway and that looks like an Expect truck in the ad. Expect is another company round these parts that has perma-job ads all year round just like Walkers and drivers don’t stay there more than a week.

Woodlands have units based at Naylor’s in Cawthorne. Couple of lads left our spot to go there. They got the contract off Mallinsons a while back.

They’ve also a new warehouse on Iport at Donny

Harry Monk:
I do know that many of their drivers from low-wage countries have decided to return home, as the party here is over.

Whatever Franglais might say, this is Brexit in action as far as the transport industry goes. Bring it on I say.

More like going home because a Polish wage goes further in Poland than a Brit wage goes here and running full loads around Europe based at home beats local distribution and hub system ‘trunks’ based here.

mbax81:

DCPCFML:

edd1974:

Woodlands have units based at Naylor’s in Cawthorne. Couple of lads left our spot to go there. They got the contract off Mallinsons a while back.

They’ve also a new warehouse on Iport at Donny

Saw a Mallinsons the other night in the new KMS livery vertically. Never even knew it was them. Was talking to a driver and he said that “new” livery is about 10 years old now! :astonished: Wondered why I hadn’t seen their familiar dark green trucks for a while! :laughing: I see Tuffnells have changed their livery too. The Big Green Parcel Machine is no more!