Woodhead?

Does anyone know if you get a ticket for each pair oif spec camera,s or do you just get one for the whole road?.

If its one for each one i better go dig out my fork lift licence, i dont normally speed but i was ■■■■■■ off one night and just went for it.

They’ll get you for any offence between a pair of cameras. If you are talking about the Stocksbridge section, I think there are either 3 or 4 pairs of cameras and a few gatso’s thrown in for good measure.

If you went quick enough, you should get enough points to get a free set of tumbler glasses :laughing:

some say these cameras can detect an hgv and you get done for the 40mph limit don’t know how that would work, i do know they had a van at the bottom of the hill near the stocksbridge turn off last year which must have been for hgv’s only.
don’t know about the multi cameras, be a bit hard if you got four fines and twelve points on the same stretch of road at the same time.

jammymutt:
Does anyone know if you get a ticket for each pair oif spec camera,s or do you just get one for the whole road?.

If its one for each one i better go dig out my fork lift licence, **i dont normally speed but i was [zb] off one night and just went for it.**[/u]
[/quote]
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I noticed recently that the junction box for the whole specs system is sited at the huddersfield junction next to the bridge on the left as you head towards the M1 (a 6 foot Sq brick building with steel doors) I saw the safety camera peeps working in there ages ago.

it still amazes me how many drivers go flying along the stocksbridge bypass in excess of 40mph

paul b:
some say these cameras can detect an hgv and you get done for the 40mph limit don’t know how that would work, i do know they had a van at the bottom of the hill near the stocksbridge turn off last year which must have been for hgv’s only.
don’t know about the multi cameras, be a bit hard if you got four fines and twelve points on the same stretch of road at the same time.

They have sensors just before the camera that judges the weight of the vehicle.

Don’t these cameras record average speed?

here is some info on the different types of common cameras.

Much to my annoyance, I may have been snapped by a council safety camera van when I left work yesterday. :cry: I last got done for speeding in 1980 :confused:

theghostofcain:
Don’t these cameras record average speed?

Yes, over a set distance. (Usually about a mile, I think)

these are section cameras and take your average speed betgween the first and last camera as far as im aware it counted as one offence but could be wrong

Wheel Nut:
Much to my annoyance, I may have been snapped by a council safety camera van when I left work yesterday. :cry: I last got done for speeding in 1980 :confused:

You make me sick :question: i last got done in in1945, or it might have been closer to 10 to 8 :laughing:

alix776:
these are section cameras and take your average speed betgween the first and last camera as far as im aware it counted as one offence but could be wrong

These cameras are in ‘sections’ and your average speed is calculated between two cameras.The third camera will effectively be the start of the second section.

It is only like being caught on two Gatso’s (or similar) on the same section of road.

From my research, being caught twice on the same road, you will be done twice.

Stocksbridge By-Pass is renowned locally as being one of the worst stretches of road in South Yorkshire with a very high number of road deaths, hence the speed camera presence.

One of the few occasions I actually agree with speed cameras.

Anyone know how to get an application form for McDonalds do you just turn up and ask for one?. :blush: :blush: :blush: .

It looks like im going to be off the road for a while.

do you want fries with that Big Mac?

I live close to the Stocksbridge bypass and know of the horrendous amount of deaths caused by stoopid driving on that stretch of road. Since the camera’s were put there over 2 years ago, there have been NO speed related deaths on this road. The camera’s do record the average speed over that stretch of road and as far as I am aware you would only get “done” once for speeding on that road. I also believe that the camera’s are not in full time operation…but you can never tell when they are working or not! lol.
As a “local” I have great respect for this road…not only because of the folklore connected here…IE:- the road crosses an ancient burial ground…and the “Monk” that is said to patrol the road :open_mouth: …but also because of the deaths…the worse being the 4 year old twin boys that died in their Mother’s car. Things like that which are so close to home leave a lasting impression. I will admit to taking the number of anybody that I see crossing the double white lines on this road…and reporting them. I make no apologies for this…but in fairness it is never truckers that commit this offense. I travel from Stocksbridge to the bottom of the Woodhead daily on my way to work, and I have to say that the driving of our truckers is 99% spot on (well you allways get one to spoil it don’t you?). This part of the road has four normal speed camera’s on it. Two on either side of the road. They keep swapping the actual camera’s around but there is only ever one camera in operation on either side of the road at any one time. They do swap them around a couple of times a week as well. The first camera’s are by the turn of for Midhopestones…one on either side of the road. The other two are just before you reach the lay bye with the bacon buttie van in…near the top of the langsett road. You cannot be done twice for speeding on this section of the road because there will only be one camera in operation on either side of the road. As I said before…once you get onto the actual bypass part of this road your average speed is measured over the entire distance. You can actually go on this road and speed…then turn off before you reach the second camera!!
Anyhow…hope this helps…and for all of you that travel this way…have a safe one and watch out for the monk! lol
:wink:

jammymutt:
Anyone know how to get an application form for McDonalds do you just turn up and ask for one?. :blush: :blush: :blush: .

theres a member on here called BK Nathan who may be able to put a good word in for ya at Burger King

jammymutt:

Just delete the answers and put your own in before sending it off :laughing: