Woodhead yesterday

Woodhead was closed yesterday from about 3-5.30pm, a couple of cars and a van had a collision about 2 miles before the resovoir, i arrived shortly afterwards and the road was blocked. A couple of OAP’s from one car were a bit shook up but that was it no other injuries anywhere, how many ambulances do you reckon turned up…11 plus 4 police cars, absolute farce

i love going over woodhead whenever i can but when it goes wrong its a bad choice .

last time i got stuck up on top was about 3 yrs ago an empty container wagon had blown over , hell fire it was windy … :open_mouth:

I know what you mean, was a bit grim up there yesterday to say the least

i went over woodhead last week loaded to the limit on my way to a farm just tuther side of penistone , almost the arse end of barnsley , and i was struggling to keep it on the rubber even then .

as it happens the farm belonged to the whittaker family , you know the show jumping lot , and my god its not the type of place anyone should be taking an artic … good lord :open_mouth:

Tbh I try to avoid the woodhead and go over the M62 instead, even though it adds around 12 miles each way. But with the 40 mph limits, stop start traffic, and rush hours problems through mottram. I find the M62 to be around 20mins faster on average running over the Pennines from the yard near Blyth services on the A1. Only if I have a drop in Stockport or Hyde will I use the woodhead.
This is a remarkable change as I used to do around 3 return trips a day to Ashton-under-lyne via the woodhead

bowser:
as it happens the farm belonged to the whittaker family , you know the show jumping lot , and my god its not the type of place anyone should be taking an artic … good lord :open_mouth:

John or Micheal?

brit_mark:

bowser:

John or Micheal?

Or indeed Steven, Ellen’s dad! Marks out of 10 I’d give her…well you know the answer :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Fileep:

brit_mark:

bowser:

John or Micheal?

Or indeed Steven, Ellen’s dad! Marks out of 10 I’d give her…well you know the answer :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

steven was the fella that helped me reverse out , i think he should stick to horses myself … nice people though …

this is me stuck as hell in the yard …

see here .